0.1

I was sixteen when I first saw him. My sleeves were long, hiding hands that I couldn't bare to look at and arms that made me ill to see. I stood outside the home I once knew, tugging on the frayed sleeves ends as I watched the world fly by. Cars whizzed along the quiet road, bathed in the florescent yellow glow of the street lights that tempted me near. I swore they whispered to me, fingers gesturing me close, begging, pleading with me, 'oh dear, would you stand before the head lights and make such a pretty mess?'.

I wanted to rush out, I wanted to close my eyes and follow the voices that sang so sweetly in my mind: but never did I move. I sat on the steps of the old house, cold stone cutting into torn jeans and icy wind tearing at my skin. I wished to step forward, to let my bare feet travel along the cold grass that lay in patches on my front lawn. I wished to dart out into the lampposts, to find my way into the light that pooled against cold tarmac. But I didn't move, or perhaps I would, if he hadn't walked that same way.

He was still, like a deer caught in the head lights across the way. The wind picked up his hair, short and dark, it flew in his eyes like my own did. He stood there, just across the road with his eyes closed and a smile tugged at the end of his full lips. I swore I saw them move, I swore I saw those pretty chapped lips form words as he drifted into the middle of the road while I watched, frozen, awaiting his next move.

I wanted to tell him to move, I wanted to scream at him that he was caught in the head lights, I wanted to get up and shove him from the hurtling metal that would have hit him square in the chest.

But I didn't move.

Nor did he.

But the car swerved, then the breaks screamed as the tires screeched. My wide eyes watched the dark haired boy, standing like a ghost in the middle of the road while the car swerved out of control, crashing to the lamppost that's light they bathed in.

Then the lights went out.

Then darkness came.

But in my mind, as screams came and lights flickered on in the houses along the street: I saw his lips move, eyes closed with a sense of peace flowing across the way to kiss my skin like it dowsed his.

Goodbye.”

-

A/N anddd there's chapter one!

i hope you all enjoyed and if you did please vote and commented maybe? anyways thank you for reading and until next time.

- rachel x