Chapter 2: Space Battle

As the Star Destroyer started to deploy TIEs, Mardox took action. He deactivated the sonic hyperdrive, readied the cannons, and thrusted into the battle. He flipped up the trigger caps on the joysticks and squeezed the red buttons. Green blasts of energy spewed from the many gun barrels of the Avalanche. Before the Imperial fighters could take position, they were blown to pieces. The pilots scattered. Amid the lasers, he weaved and dodged every blast. It was as if he could see the bolts of energy before they came. The Imperial pilots split around him and attacked from his rear. Luckily, Mardox had a plan. "R6, rear turret!" He called at the droid through his comlink. R6-K9 activated Protocol 6 o' clock. Sheets of curved metal extended around the droid and formed a large dome with a single red eye. Two cannon barrels slid along their tracks on either side of R6 and 'clicked!' into place. The droid started firing at the TIEs, taking down one each shot. They flew along the underbelly of the Warship in this manner, destroying 2 TIE fighters per second, until there were none left. Mardox then flew along to the end of the Star Destroyer and shot to the top side. The ship was a wedge shape, divided along the middle, with four turbolaser stations on each side. Mardox began firing on the first turbolaser he came to. His lasers simply dissolved on the shields. R6 reacted automatically without Mardox needing to ask him. The droid switched off the plasma generator for the front cannons, and switched on the ion generator. Mardox noticed the ION light pop on in the cockpit and began firing. The ion lasers hit the turbo laser shields and dissolved them, then the normal lasers hit the turbolaser and destroyed it. Mardox continued to fire until all the turbolasers were destroyed. The Star Destroyer was defenceless. As the Avalanche hovered above its bridge, the Imperial officers looked up at him in shock.