Chapter 23: Lucas

"Yup. Velociraptor." Mardox said casually, rooting through a large bin next to the pen. "His name is Foxtrot. He's actually quite friendly. Pet him if you like!" Foxtrot kept stepping from foot to foot. Cameron was terrified, but she put her hand out. As soon as Foxtrot saw this, he rushed forward and...

Rubbed his head against Cameron's hand. He began purring again, and sat down. Cameron was surprised, but she became less nervous as she pet him longer. Suddenly, Mardox said, "Ah-ha!" and Foxtrot's pupils became slits, and he turned around and ran towards Mardox. He tossed a round object into the air and Foxtrot vaulted up, almost three metres, much to everyone's amazement, and caught it in his mouth. He landed, trotted in a circle, and a shudder started at his head and finished at his tail. Mardox then walked into the centre of the room and as he began to speak, a door opened in between Kanan and Zeb, and a tall man in a lab coat and a white shirt, and a sort of blue hologram over his left eye. Mardox was surprised and stopped just as he was starting.
"I'll take it from here Mardox. Hello everyone, I'm Lucas, and I'm Mardox's friend and geneticist. Foxtrot exists because of our joint efforts. I made him, and made him faster, stronger, smarter, tougher, and friendlier, on command. Mardox made the armour.
There's a brain implant on the back of the head that allows Foxtrot to control the suit, and he is battle ready. He will probably accompany you on your next mission." Lucas then activated a tablet in his hands, and walked to his desk on the side of the room and propped his tablet on a hover pad. Foxtrot was sitting in the middle of the room. He licked his eye and went to sleep. Everyone was quiet for a moment, then they ran up to Mardox's work dock and started throwing questions everywhere. Hera walked over to Lucas and struck up a conversation.