Chapter 13

Location: Malhotra House

Mukti was the first to get up. As she was walking down the stairs, she noticed a big family portrait that has always been hung out on view. It was a portrait of all the 5 members of FAB5. The original Fab5 with their wives and kids. Mukti stopped walking and stared at the portrait. "It's been a while right, star? Manik still has it rough. We did move on with our lives but Manik didn't. We miss you."

"I'm sorry."

Mukti turned around, hearing the voice. There stood Alya, at the top of the stairs, right out of bed.

"For what? It's not like it's your fault. Even you had it rough." Mukti said looking at her with a serious look.

"No, just for everything." Alya replied with sadness tinting her voice.

"Care to join for a morning coffee?" Mukti asked her, giving her a smile to which Alya nodded.

Location: Malhotra Swimming pool Sofa

There was an awkward silence filled in the air as Mukti and Alya sat, sipping their coffee. No one knew how to break this silence or what to say. Just as how they wished for someone or something to make a breakthrough, Manik walked out of the house with his coffee, yawning. He spotted the ladies sitting at the built in sofa in the pool, so he decided to walk in on them.

"What are you two doing here, all alone, early in the morning?" He asked looking at both of them for some answers.

They both jumped in their seats, shocked to see Manik up, so early in the morning.

"What are you doing up so early?" Mukti asked shocked to see the man all awake.

"Oh, got used to this lifestyle in the village." Manik replied, taking a seat across from them. "So, what are you two doing here? No one answered my question."

"Catching up" they answered in unison.

Manik nodded his head and then just like that once again they fell into a silence. After 5mins of no one talking, Manik frowned. "I though you both girls said, you are catching up, yet no one is speaking."

"Uh.."

"Ah.."

"Is this some kind of 'only girls' talk? Should I leave?" Manik asked looking at them both with a confused face.

"No no" "No" They answered.

"Uh..I'll start. I'm sorry" Alya said causing the other two of them to look at her. "For everything."

"I don't understand, why are you sorry? You haven't done much." Manik said, rubbing his back of the neck.

"No, I did a lot back then. Plus that day with Nandani, I didn't mean it. I'm sorry I ruined everything." Alya said with tears in her eyes.

"Honestly, what happened, has happened. And it wasn't just your fault. We also did play a role in it. Some of us did." Cabir said, walking in and sitting beside Manik with his cup of tea.

"Exactly, and its all-in past." Mukti said, moving closer to Alya.

"As long as we all act mature and be a better version of ourselves, we are good to go." Cabir said giving them his famous smile and wink.

"I promise." Alya said smiling back.

"We also need to talk it out with Nandani and the rest. I saw the news that they are also back in the city." Cabir said.

"I have a lot to apologize for." Manik said giving a sad smile.

"And I have been wanting some answers from Abhimanyu." Mukti said, shrugging.

"Unable to move on?" Manik asked looking at her and saw her nodding her head in a yes. "Me too" he murmured quietly.

"My first and last love" Mukti said, breathing out a breath that she was unknowingly holding.

"Is everyone of us up?" Cabir asked looking around.

"Naa, Druv is still asleep." Alya answered, sipping her coffee.

"Should we wake him up? In Fab5 style?" Mukti suggested, wiggling her eyebrows with a naughty smile playing out on her face.

Hearing that from Mukti, Manik and Alya looked at each other and quickly got up, their faces mimicking the naughty smile.

"Definitely." They answered in unison and the three took off running towards Druv's room.

"So much for being mature. Mature who? Ya sure defiantly. Why did I even expect? What did I even think?" Cabir said shaking his head, hanging it low and slowly putting down his empty cup. "Guys wait for me" with that he took off running behind them with the same naughty smile on his face. 

Drop down some nice comments and give me some motivation.