Chapter 20

Cabir was the first one to react, coming out of the shock and trance. He started to step forward towards Nandani when Armaan signed to him indicating not to come and that they would talk later.

Nodding Cabir backed up. His eyes met with Nandani who gave him a small gentle smile.

"Since you both know each other from college days, I don't think introduction is what we would need, isn't that right?" Mr.Mehra asked D5 and then looked at Fab5.

D5 were a bit shocked at how their dearest uncle knew about this, but soon as if their uncle read their mind, he smiled at them, before speaking up once again. "I know because I checked your background data and because I have to make sure my babies are safe. Besides as you know me well, I am always perfect in what I do. Am I right D5?"

Arya just chuckled, "Of course, how we can forget about this matter uncle."

"So, should we now discuss about the upcoming concerts?" Mr. Mehra asked looking at both the groups. To which he received an answer, "Yes sir/yes uncle." Nodding his head, he started informing about what they are supposed to do and what their schedule is.

After an hour of explanation, Mr. Mehra finally decided it would be best to look through the instruments as well. He ringed the bell calling his assistant to come in.

Just before the assistant stepped in, D5 wore their masks back.

"Take the two groups to the instrument room." Mr. Mehra said to his assistant and then turned to speak to the two groups. "I'll be coming in about 15mins, till then why don't you all take a look at the instruments in the room?" The groups replied with a series of yes, okay and sure.

Location: Instrument room

Mehra's assistant left them after reaching the room so that the two groups could figure out what they wanted.

D5 and Fab5 stood facing each other. No one ready to speak up. Just throwing glares. Except Cabir.

All of them lost in the past memory. Cabir let out a deep breathe that he was holding unknowingly. He silently walked over D5 and stood in front of Nandani. "I missed you"

"Me too" she replied with a sad voice.

"Then why did you never contact me or Navya? Do you know how many times I caught her crying alone?" Cabir asked her still upset that Nandani had so easily cut them off her life.

"Its just, a lot happened and- I'm sorry. I really am." Nandani said ashamed of her behavior.

"Its okay, I understand" Cabir said as he slowly gave Nandani a tight hug. She was initially shocked but then soon gave in and hugged back.

"How is Navya?" she asked after they broke their hug.

"She is absolutely fine, she is now a lady boss. You should meet her soon; else she will kill me for meeting you first all by myself." He said, chuckling.

"I can understand, haha. I will meet her soon." Nandani also agreed.

Meanwhile, Armaan noticed Mukti looking at Abhi with hopeful eyes and Abhi not even sparing a glance at Mukti. So he just came forward and gave a hug to Mukti. He felt really bad about all the things. Poor girl.

"Its okay Mukti, he will soon accept you. The sad face doesn't suit your lady thor image." Armaan said lowly into her ear. She just chuckled at him and gave him a light punch in his stomach, causing him to move away from her in shock and over dramatically fall towards D5.

Alya took this opportunity to come over towards Nandani.

But just as she was about to near Nandani, Diana stepped in between them, blocking Alya. "Nope, back off please"

"I don't mean any harm; I just wish to apologize." Alya replied timidly. Already able to see how bad things can go.

Suddenly there was a shift in the air as well. There was tension and nerves everywhere. And the room soon turned deadly silent.

A war is about to break down.