Chapter 34

Elsewhere

2 days ago

Mr. Malhotra and Mrs. Malhotra have arrived at Murthy's Indian residence once more in hopes to find some clues. This has been their almost monthly schedule, visiting Murthy's residence every 15days in hopes to find someone or some clue about something. By now one thing was for sure, Murthy's only daughter is alive.

Once again Malhotra's stood in front of the Mansion. Only this time something was different.

An old lady, maybe around the age of 85s walked up to them. "Who are you? Why are you here?" she asked.

"I'm sorry for disturbing, I'm Raj and this is my wife Nyonika." Mr. Malhotra introduced himself and his wife.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" The old lady asked.

"We are a friend of the family that stayed here, we were here to-" Raj started speaking when the old lady cut in, "The family is dead for a good two or three decades. There is nothing left in the house."

"What do you mean nothing left in the house?" Nyonika asked this time

"I'm Samantha and my house is right opposite; would you like to come in the house for a tea?" the old lady asked kindly while pointing to the bright blue and white house that stood across the Murthy's old unkept house.

The couple agreed.

As they entered the house, they could see how beautifully the lady had decorated her house. It made them wonder, if Murthy's were alive, how would they decorate their house.

"Please have a seat" The lady said and went in to get the guests some juice.

"Do you think she would know something?" Nyonika asked her husband.

"I'm not sure, but as well try our luck? This is the first time someone willingly came to us to speak in front of Murthy residence. Perhaps she knows something that we don't know?" Raj said having some hopes to find any small, tiny clue.

The lady came out and offered them the juice, while she took her own glass and sat across them. "I have been staying here since almost the day I got married, I guess it was somewhere 5 decades back. My husband had bought this house for me, because I liked how beautiful this place was." She said making both Raj and Nyonika look at her in surprise.

"Why haven't we seen you here before?" Nyonika asked.

"Because after my husband's death, I had decided to travel the world. Helping orphan kids from lower countries to have a good life. I had recently come back here in the hopes to settle down so that when I die, I could be placed beside my husband." The lady said in a weak voice.

"That is such a good deed. I hope we could be of some help if you ever need us." Raj said while taking out his business card and handing it over to the lady.

The lady took the card and glanced at it. "You are a Malhotra?" She asked.

"Yes, do you know me?" Raj asked looking at her in shock that the lady recognized him.

"Are you that boy who always wore suit and would love to tease the deceased family's wife?" The lady asked again.

"Y-yes, t-that is me" Raj confirmed.

"Oh my! You took so long to come. Your friend and his wife would be so happy to finally see you visiting them." The old lady said giving Raj a smile. "Is she your wife? She is beautiful."

"Thank you" Nyonika said.

"I'm sorry" Raj said breaking down in tears.

"Oh child! Don't be sad. I'm sure they are in a better place now" The lady said smiling gently at Raj.

"What did you mean by there is nothing left in the house?" Nyonika asked, wanting to know why the woman said that when they were outside.

"After the family died, 2 cars had come. One of which was a small tempo. It had come a few days after the first car had come. From the first car, two people had come out. A woman and a man, they broke into the house and took away somethings. I don't know what they took away, but it looked like they were in a hurry. The after a few days the tempo had arrived. There were 4 men that stepped out and went inside the house. I heard a lot of things breaking and when they came out, they looked angry. Those men talking about some documents and papers. Something along the lines that they couldn't find them in the house. After a small argument among themselves they also left. Soon after even, I left, now that I returned, you both are here." The lady said.

"The Empire papers! Someone took them away!" Nyonika whispered.

"Why did you never report this to the police?" Raj asked wanting to know why this woman kept quiet the whole time.

"They looked scary and I never saw police coming to investigate either. I thought if someone would come looking for the deceased family then I would tell them about it." The lady said.

"Do you remember who or how they looked like?" Raj asked to which the lady shook her head, "No, it was dark to see the face. But I remember the couple that arrived first took a few toys and clothes of the child that was living there and the car numbers. I noted down the nameplates of both the vehicles."

"It would be great if we could get the nameplate numbers of both the vehicles." Raj asked for it politely.

The woman got up and bought her book. She handed over the book to Raj to see the numbers.

OBR 1612 2015

PAN 2112 2015

"Custom made number plates" Nyonika said looking at the numbers.

"OBR is Oberio Empire car" Raj said shocked. 

Next update on 17th September PST.

From now on, all updates will be in PST time zone.
_____________

Read ahead chapters on my Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/Frizzy_Panda

___________________