Chapter 26

"What" Mukti said, being shocked.

"Look, I mean, I'm not sorry for appearing in your life. But I'm sorry for what happened after. I Know I'm at wrong and now, I just wish we could, you know speak to each other without being all awkward, for the sake of the concert. I hope I'm making sense." Abhi said trying to explain Mukti what he is trying to say.

"So, you regret meeting me? You regret us?"

"Well..if you put it in that way, I guess, you could say that. Whatever happened, was not supposed to happen since back then we were in teacher student relationship, you know what I'm trying to say right?"

"No, I don't. Give me a reason" she said, controlling her tears and swallowing the lump forming in her throat. Never in thousand years, she ever thought that she'd fall in love. And when she did, she absolutely did not expect that man to turn out to be like this.

"For what?"

"Why wasn't I good enough. What was I lacking?"

"It's not about you, Mukti-"

"Then what Abhi? If its not me, then why am I the one suffering now?"

"Mukti, I didn't mean all of this, I just-"

"Fine. What happened during the college happened. But why couldn't you contact me even once in these many months?"

"I had a lot of things happening."

"So, you mean you were busy?"

"Yes"

"So, busy that you couldn't even ring the call once? Forget about ringing, not even a msg? Didn't have time to even respond to an email? Not even once?"

When Abhi didn't gave any answer to her, she asked and accused him once more, "You even changed your number. You must have had a lot of work to do that you even changed your phone number and location right? With no contact to outside world apart from your group members. Ah! You must have also changed your email ID too, right?"

"I didn't change my number purposely."

"Then what? Let me guess, someone forced you too?"

"No, Mukti. Please stop assuming things. I lost my mobile on a business trip in a foreign land. I had no choice but to contact the company to help me deactivate the sim card and buy a new number. I did not mean it. It just happened."

"Okay! Okay, we can take this excuse. What about the email? You lost that too? Forgot its password? When you got the new number, you must have not known my phone number right? Perhaps that's why you didn't contact me?"

"I remember your number Mukti. I can't forget it even if I want to" Abhi muttered with a sad look on his face and in his tone.

"Then why didn't you ever contact me Abhi? Am I not worth a single message? A 'Hi'?" She asked hurt that even after he knew her number, he never bothered to reach back to her.

"Mukti, let's not talk about this anymore."

"Why? Don't like to put in the corner Abhi? Am I now hurting your male ego?" She spat in anger

"No, its not about putting me in corner or bruising my ego, I just want us to focus on the concert." He replied to her, now being equally irritated. Not by her words but her venomous tone.

"Stop, please. I'm tired of the excuses. I need a closure. So that I could move on. Give me one when you are ready. Make sure its before we leave this place."

"Mukti, could you for once be professional? And respect the space?" Abhi told her off

"I'll be waiting. As you said, let's not be awkward during the concert and be professional" Mukti said giving him a big fake smile, with tears ready to fall off, she stormed away from there.

Abhi groaned in guilt. He held his head in his hands and screamed out, "Fuck!"

Unaware to Abhi and Mukti, their whole conversation was overheard by a good amount of people, Manik, Druv, Alya, Diana, Cabir and Armaan

Diana had come over to wake Arya up, knowing very well he that he would have been fast asleep but she didn't reveal herself as there was a heated conversation already going on.

Actually, none of them revealed themselves during the whole conversation, not wanting to disturb them and create more trouble. Abhi and Mukti had no idea that there were spectators.

As Mukti left in anger, Alya and Diana quickly rushed back to their rooms as well. Knowing very well there is a storm coming in their room. Little did they knew, Manik too was fuming.    

_________________________

Just a small happy note: 

I have successfully completed writing the whole book in my drafts. The chapters will be posted as per the schedule. No more late updates! Yaay!

I have also started writing my new book, which will be out on wattpad somewhere  in July 2023. The book's prolog is already published. You can search the book with the name BYAMC -  Bitch! You ate my cat. Would love to know your thoughts on it. 

Also people reading on patreon, I would love to have some feedback on patreon. I could get some encouragement.

Thank You!

_____________

Read ahead chapters on my Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/ereadurapearl

___________________