Chapter 23

A/N

I LOVE THIS CHAPTER AND NEXT.
they're gonna be filled with so much guys you don't even know.

Also enjoy this early Tuesday post. I'm posting this before school <3

It was later when we arrived to the tarmac and boarded the plane, followed by some others from the mansion

Simon was one of them, and I noticed a couple other maids and men, others were unfamiliar.

The flight to France only took us about half an hour, and I can't even express how beautiful the view was from the windows. Me and the girls talked throughout the flight, getting more and more excited as we neared landing. We also talked to Simon, who gave us an insight on what his sister went to do.

He said Harlow had driven down to the tarmac with a large group of her men, thinking the Italians would attack on their way their. But his recent message from Harlow told us, they did in fact attack, but it was a fake.

I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I went along. We'd taken the later plane so that Harlow and her men would be ahead of us and could warn us if anything was happening in the air or if we needed an emergency landing because of an attack in the air.

As much as I was excited for the ball, the information made my stomach twist. He told us all not to worry though, but I didn't stop until we safely landed.

"I feel tired." Sam goes, as we're making our way down the steps of the plane.

Elena laughs at her, "We've only just landed, the fun hasn't started yet, Sam." In response, Sam just rolls her eyes as we walk to the direction of the cars waiting for us in the distance.

We get into another black limousine, longer than the ones in Spain, and a couple of other people come into the same car, which automatically makes it weird. It's only us four girls, then some of the mafia men from our mansion in the car. We're all in these sparkly dresses, while the men are all in navy blue or black tuxedos and suits.

Us girls mind our own business, strapping on our seatbelts as we set off quickly in the car. As far as I can see, none of us exchange glances with the men, who are currently talking together, in Spanish, I guess.

When the mens voices died down, it was even more awkward to be stuck in a limo with a bunch of people in complete silence. But the silence broke as soon as the man in front of me said something.

"I swear I've seen you around?" He says, and I assume he's talking to one of the girls, until I look up and he's looking right at me.

"Oh! I'm just a maid, around the house. I'm in the kitchen mostly." I tell him and smile nervously, hoping for no more. He nods at my reply, and doesn't say anything else. Nor does he look at me again, just turns and looks out the window.