Chapter 38

I am in so much deep shit!

I was just finishing up the last room of cleaning today, which happened to be on the second floor, when I noticed my phone was getting constant notifications. It's stashed in my front pocket during working hours, and I usually put it off until I'm done, but I decided to check the rapid messages.

And lord, did I wish I didn't.

The messages were from the groupchat the girls had created for us all. And there was so much of them. At least fifty messages.

I do not recall fifty notifications.

I take a quick look through them, noticing it's probably something urgent. As I scan my eyes through and skim read each one, I realsie that in fact, it was urgent.

Harlow is fast at making arrangements, it seems.

The girls were spam-texting me, telling me to come back to the room because it seemed I was being moved out.

She should've told me first. I would've been back for the right time if Harlow had mentioned something, but instead she's sent for me to be moved out when I'm not finished with the work I have yet.

I frantically clear up the remainder of the bedroom. Apologies, to whoever's room this is, because it isn't very well done.

Then I take my trolley down to the elevator with me, rushing to get down to my room.

The elevator is surprisingly fast today and I get down in a matter of seconds. I'm already rushing out of the sliding doors before they fully open.

As soon as I'm close to the maid quarters, I see the door open, and a maid leaves with a trolley of toiletries. My toiletries.

"Shit. Shit!" I mutter, parking my trolley to the side as I move past her and rush into the quarters, my face heating up in embarrassment.

She should've let me move into the other room myself. I don't want her putting the other maids to work for me.

As I reach our room, I see someone backing out of it, without any of my belongings.

Harlow sees me and her eyes meet my immediately, though she doesn't hold her usual smirk on her face.

I didn't even realise I'd stopped walking to my room when I saw her, so I quickly resume that and move past Harlow in an instant, stepping into my room.

Three heads snap in my direction, one of which holds more fury then all.

"Elodie fucking Hart. Are you fucking our boss again-"

"Oh my god Sam! Stop talking, she's right outside!" I hiss at her, rushing to her side to stop her from losing anymore words from that mouth of hers.