ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛

"My King, please focus. A war is coming in two days." My advisor, Justus, says.

"I am focused Justus." I growl angrily, sick of him telling me what to do.

"No you aren't. All you're doing is staring down Soldier Troy and his lover." Justus points out and I glare harshly at him.

"Remember who you're talking to, Mr. Mendez." I threaten and he gulps, walking away in fear. Ever since the fight three weeks ago, between Ciara and I, we've been distant.

"Oh Nolan, he likes me and I really like him. I never thought I could have something like this." Ciara says, rambling on about Troy once again.

"Can we talk about something else?" I mutter, rolling my eyes as I forcefully stab my eggs.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I can practically feel the anger rolling off of her, but I'm tired of always talking about Troy.

"You heard me. All you do is talk about him and how much y'all like each other. I don't care." I snap, and my eyes widen as I finally take in what I just said.

"Oh." She stands up from her chair and I panic, reaching out to touch her, but she moves away from me.

"Im sorry, Ara." I try and reach for her again and she blocked me.

"Is there anything else you need, Your Highness, or am I able to leave?" She quickly turns her head away, but not fast enough, because I caught the tear sliding down her face.

"No, you can't leave me, Ara. How can I fix this? Please." I beg and she still refuses to meet my eyes.

"It's Ciara." She whispers and leaves my room, taking my heart with her.

I run my hands through my hair, pulling gently on it in frustration. I turn away from the scene in front of me, looking over our war plans, which happens in a week's time.

I finish up my work and head down to the garden, sneaking over to the hush voices next to the rose bushes. "Evelyn, we only have time for one chapter." Ciara's sweet voice says and I instantly relax at hearing such a beautiful sound.

"I understand, let's read 'Sage & Honey.' " Evelyn suggests and I hear Ciara's voice begin her reading.

"Devon, what did I ever do to you? Why are you trying to destroy my relationship with Malik?" Sage asks, the fuming boy.

"Because you should have been mine. I've loved you since I met you, Sage." Devon says, and his heart begins to stutter as he finally admitted his love for Sage.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Sage whispers, her heart hurting."

I leave the garden hastily. I could never ruin Ciara's relationship with Troy. I enter my Chambers, making my way to my bathroom for a quick drowning- I mean bath.