ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞

I'm awoken to screams. I quickly scramble to get up, grabbing my sword. "Lot, brief me now."

"We were ambushed by the north. So far we have two deaths and they have four. No seriously injured yet." She speaks quickly and I nod, going into battle myself.

I fought countless men and women tearing them apart without a second thought. This is what everyone is talking about when they call me a monster. I bask in the pain and suffering of my opponents. My eyes narrow as I finally catch sight of the Northern King and his general.

I advance towards them steadily, taking out their people as I go. "Titus!" I bellow out and his eyes snap to mine.

"Nolan! Brother!" Titus says, a smile of pure evil on his face.

"Titus, what is the meaning of this? We agreed to meet at middle ground and yet you attack my people while they're asleep like a coward!" I tell at him, anger rolling off me in waves.

"I had a change of heart." Titus shrugs casually and the anger I've been holding in finally reaches it's limit. Before anyone can blink my sword has made a clean cut of Titus' head and the battlefield goes quiet, as they watch Titus head roll down the hill we're on.

"You have 5 minutes to retreat from my territory or you die." I snarl at the Northern Kingdom and they quickly retreat back into the forest.

After a heavy pause, things gradually began to start up again. Soldiers helping others soldiers that's been seriously injured and the anger comes back with a vengeance. "Lot!" I call out to my general and she rushes over to me.

"My King." She greets, bowing. As I look her over a deep sense of pride swells in me at how far along she came.

"What are the casualties?" I ask, a deep sense of dread filling my heart.

"20 seriously injured and 4 dead." She states somberly and I sigh, feeling a headache already forming.

"Names of the people who died?" I finally reach my tent and I wanted nothing more than to go to bed, but I have to reassure my warriors and the family of who lost their lives or has been severely injured.

"Seville, married with two kids and his wife runs the tailoring shop in town. Marino, unmarried, no kids. Westin, unmarried, no kids. Troy, unmarried, no kids." My heart stutters at the last name.

"Troy who?" I ask, keeping up my cool facade, as I slowly crumble for Ciara and I.

"Troy Ferton, Soldier 3421." Lot confirms my thoughts and I sigh, knowing that it's best I break the news to Ciara.