ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟

We head back towards Respiria in a somber manner. Two more of our people died and I know that someone from the inside helped Titus, otherwise how would they know our location? But right now I can't think about that, I have to think about Ciara and how to tell her about Troy's death.

"Lot, I want everyone on high alert as we cross through the forest and back to the kingdom of Respiria." I order her.

"As you wish, My Lord." She bows slightly and barks our my command.

With my sword raised, we slowly make our way through the thick forest, on high alert as the forest grew thicker and darker. "Tighten up troops." Lot calls out and they instantly do as good as I continue leaving them throat the deep forest until we finally make it to the other side of the woods.

"We will rest here for the night. I still want Eve on guard." I tell them and head to go and set up my tent and bathing room. I sigh deeply as I sit on my mat, with my hands in my head.

-/-/-/-

Morning came quicker than I wanted it too. We quickly pack up camp and continue on the journey back to Respiria. A somber air has surrounded the group, after losing some of our soldiers.

When we reach, we immediately take the injured soldiers to the medical wing and I watch in silence as they get carried away. I see Lot breaking the news to the family of men that died. This is the hardest part of war. Telling the family. "King Nolan!" I tense at the sound of her voice.

"Ciara." I sigh out as she flings herself into my arms in excitement and my chest throb at knowing that I'm about to take her smile away.

"Where's Troy?" She asks when she pulls away from me, a hopeful spark in her eyes.

"Ciara, he didn't make it. It was an ambush and he died before he could even wake up." I tell her and I see her face fall.

"What?" She whispers clutching at herself and I pull her to me and she sobs harshly in my arms.

"I'm so sorry." I try and console her. My voice showing that I can feel her pain. I never want to see Ciara like this, but I knew that she needed to hear such heartbreaking news from me.

"He's gone, Lan." She whispers sadly and I hug her tighter to me.

"Let's go to my chambers and get you washed up and fed." I direct her to my room and she leans into me as I slowly lead her to my room.