ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠

Ciara's POV

Since the news of Troy's death, I've been silent. I can tell that Nolan is worried about me, but I just can't seem to get a word out. The days pass by in a daze. My mind never really grasping into reality. In my heart I know Troy is gone and he's never coming back but I can't seem to mentally accept that.

I lightly skim my hand over my belly, willing the tears away. I found out while he was away that I am pregnant and planned to surprise him over dinner. "What's wrong Ciara?" Nolan's voice snap me out of my sad thoughts and I look up at him.

I shake my head as an answer and he sighs softly, looking at me for a minute longer before heading back to work. Exhaustion seems to run through me easily these days, so I get comfortable on his bed, curling up into a ball as I slowly drift off to sleep.

-/-/-/-

I wake up gasping in pain. My hand immediately fly to my barely protruding stomach and I groan. I throw the sheets off of me and the loudest scream tore through me as I stare at the blood pooling around me. "What is it?" Nolan shoots up beside me, alert and with his sword drawn as he scans the room for any danger.

"N-nolan." I shakily whisper in fear and he looks down at me, his eyes widening before he finally drops his sword and rushes to me.

"Oh my, why didn't you tell me about this earlier, Ara?" Nolan asks worriedly, as he scoops me up and runs me down to the medical room. "Help her, Now!" He roars and a doctor and nurse quickly come to me and takes me to an examination room.

Time seems to pass by excruciatingly slow as they ran numerous x-rays and scans on me. "Miss, unfortunately your baby didn't make it. I'm deeply sorry for your loss." The doctor says, and at that point my mind goes blank, as his words process over and over in my head again.

I should be crying, but I can't. My body has nothing left to give. "Please take me back to your room, King Nolan." I whisper, not acknowledging what he just said.

"Of course." He says and takes me out of the medical room and to his room.