ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠

I'm startled awake by the sound of sirens and faint screams all around me. "What is going on?" Ciara's groggy voice asks and I bolt up out of the bed, grabbing my sword and pulling on some clothes.

"Get up!" I shout, panic clear in my voice as I run around our room, when I couldn't find my sword. I look under my bed and there it is, waiting for me and I snatch it up, and Ciara's breath hitches finally seeing the gravity of the situation.

"Oh my, Nolan." She says, throwing on her slip dress and i take her into my arms and press my lips against hers in comfort.

"I need you to hide for me, My Love." I whisper against her lips and her pretty hazel eyes glisten with tears.

"Don't leave me." She hugs me tighter to her and I hug her back just as tight.

"You know I can't do that." I tell her and she sighs sadly, knowing that I must go and protect my people. I kiss her one last time, and run towards the battlefield after knowing she's properly hidden away.

I get out onto the field and the stench of blood hits me immediately. My eyes narrow in on the restistant groups and I sneer seeing them terrorize innocent people. My people. It's almost as if I blacked out and something much greater took over me. After I finish going through each and every resistant member I take a deep breath, feeling their blood slide down my arms and neck, making me shiver in satisfaction and disgust.

I scan the area, running over to a heavily bleeding Justus and drop down beside him. "I'm so sorry we couldn't stop this, My King." He rasps out and I clutch onto his hand.

"It's not your fault, Justus. I want to thank you for being loyal to the crown and for being my dearest friend." I tell him genuinely and he smiles, and I watch as he slips away from this land.

"Oh King Nolan, we have someone you might know." A male with a thick accent calls out to me and I turn around my sword drawn and ready to strike if need be.

I try to keep a straight face as I see the battered body of my beloved. She's naked, and bruised and tears are consistently flowing out of her eyes.