Anzio is the Next Up! Third battle of the Baneblade. Anzio Match

Meanwhile in anzio school ship.

In the courtyard of Anzio Girls High School, their commander, Anchovy, addresses the sensha-dō members. Having just defeated Maginot Girls College, The Anzio girls are in high spirits, until they discover that their next opponent, Ooarai Girls Academy, is headed by Miho Nishizumi, and therefore supposedly makes use of the dreaded Nishizumi Style. To counter this, Anchovy announces that their school's vigilant economising has paid off. Pointing to a covered tank at the back of the courtyard, Anchovy makes to unveil their new 'secret weapon.' Just as she does so, however, the lunch bell rings, and the Anzio girls rush off, more interested in Anzio's famous pasta.

Carpaccio: All troops, attention!

Anchovy: They're all surely saying, "At least they've got spirit and momentum going for them!" "They're pretty strong when they're on roll."

Gelato: They say we're strong!

Ricotta: Hey!

Amaretto: They say we're strong!

Panettone: Aw, Really?

Ricotta: But Big Sister, what do mean by "at least"?

Anchovy: In other words they mean, "All they've got is spirit and momentum." "They utterly collapsed when not on a roll."

Amaretto: Come again?!

Gelato: They dare take us lightly?!

Ricotta: We're gonna let them get away with that? Let's go ambush them with our tanks.

Carpaccio: Everyone calm down. They never actually said any of this.

Pepperoni: It's just level-headed dedication on duce's part.

Anchovy: Right, it's speculative.

Panettone: Man, you surprised us.

Gelato: Oh, good.

Anchovy: Listen, don't get taken in by every unfounded rumor out there, you hear? We won against the maginot girls Academy!

Bologna: That's right!

Carpaccio: Though it was a tough victory.

Pepperoni: A win's a win.

Anchovy: Spirit and momentum aren't necessarily all bad. We'll take this spirit and momentum on to the second round! Next we're up against Ooarai girls Academy led by the nishizumi school! And unknown tank!?

Ricotta: Aren't we screwed against the nishizumi school and their unknown tank?!

Amaretto: I can't imagine us winning.

Anchovy: Don't worry. Well maybe a little. Why do you think we've cut down from three snacks a day to two, trying hard to save money little by little?

Ricotta: Why was it again?

Anchovy: I've told you before! It's to buy a secret weapon!

All: Huh?

Anchovy: If we have the secret weapon, your existing "spirit and momentum," and just a bit of brainpower, we're sure to attain our long-coveted goal of winning through to the third round! Behold with awe! This is Anzio Highschool's deadly secret weapon-

All: Lunch time! Pasta, pasta!

Anchovy: Hey, come on! Don't you even care?!

Robiola: The cafeteria lunches sell out real quickly this time of year!

Anchovy: Well, it's true that having a lot of girls who are true to their feelings is one of the school's good points.

Back on the Ooarai school carrier, the Student Council and Anglerfish Team hold a strategy meeting to discuss their upcoming match against Anzio. Momo Kawashima states that Anzio makes use of Italian tanks, such as the Carro Veloce 33 and the Semovente M41. There have also been rumours that they have obtained a new secret weapon, which was not deployed in the first round. Anzu Kadotani shrugs dismissively, claiming that they'll soon find out what it is, at which point Yukari Akiyama bursts into the room, still wearing a convenience store uniform she used to sneak aboard Anzio's campus ship.