Time for a Ball Game

It was another day of school for the students of Kunugigaoka Junior High. The sun shined brightly on the horizon, letting everyone know that the rainy season was over and what season was just around the corner. Y/N, Nagisa, Karma and Sugino walked together through the courtyard of the main school building, the four friends talking with each other about a few things.

Sugino sighed and stretched his arms up, before putting them behind his head, "The rainy's season's finally over!"

Nagisa glanced at his friend, offering him a nod of agreement in response, "It's starting to get hot."

Y/N nodded in agreement, "You can see that summer is just around the corner."

"This is the season for outdoor activities." Sugino stated, smilling, "How about we go have fun somewhere outside?"

"Sure." Nagisa nodded his head at the offer.

"I'm up for it." Y/N nodded, "What do you guys have in mind?

"How about fishing?" Karma suggested, making the others look at him.

"Fishing?" Y/N said in more of a questioning manner. He tried it a few times before, when he was younger, but found it to be quite boring. Perharps his view will change on it, now that he was a few years older, "You can color me suprised, Karma. I wasn't excepting you to be into it."

"Sounds good." Nagisa liked the idea, "What's there to catch right now?"

A devilish smile grew on Karma's lips, horns sticking out of head, "Summer's the season for fresh delinquents. Let's use Nagisa as bait and see if we can hook a few!"

"Scratch what I just said." Y/N smiled in amusement, "This is exactly what I was excepting from you."

"I never new delinquents were seasonal." Nagisa sweatdropped.

"What do you think we should do, Nagisa?" Karma asked Nagisa what ideas for their free time he had in mind.

"Oh, how about the beach?" Nagisa suggested.

"Beach?" Y/N asked as he put his hand on his chin, "I will have to look through my luggage to see if I brought the shirt that I usually wear for the beach with me."

"Why?" Nagisa asked his foreign friend.

Sugino smiled as he and his friends continued to discuss what they should do in the sunny days ahead of them. He stopped for a brief moment once a familiar sound rang through his ears a few seconds later and glanced to the side, slight jealousy in his eyes. His friends noticed it and turned around to look back at him, noticing what caught Sugino's attention. They just happened to be passing by the baseball field.

On the baseball field, one of the players threw the baseball which landed in the pitcher's glove. The ball was thrown back at him a second later and he caught it into his gloved hand without any problem. He took off his cap and wiped the sweat off his forehead with his sleeve. It was Shindou Kazutaka, the captain of the baseball team.

"Nice throw captain!" Someone from his team complimented him.

Shindou glanced to this side and saw Sugino watching him from the other side of the fence, "Well, if it isn't Sugino! Long time no see."

The boy in question looked suprised at the sudden calling from Shindou as more members from the baseball club started calling out his name. He glanced to his side, slightly uncomfortable by it.

"Sugino." Someone from the baseball club called out for Sugino, gathering in front of the fence with the rest of the club.

Sugino hid how uncomfortable he became under a smile and approached the fence, greeting everyone from the club as he did so, "Hi!"