Prologue part 1 Magic and the first encounter with a werewolf

Author's Note: sorry this prologue and the next one kind of suck. I'm trying to give a little background and insight into how Bella became a tribrid and how the werewolf bite didn't trigger her banshee side like it did with Lydia. In my fic you have to be 15 for the banshee side to come into power, and since Bella will only be 14 it can work.

——————————————————————————
I pulled my window open, pausing for a moment to make sure I didn't hear a sound inside the house before I slipped onto to roof. I dropped and rolled to soften the impact before I took off across the yard and into the trees.

I let out a whistle waiting for the reply that came just a few seconds later. A grin on my face as she jogged into view.

"Come on show me this cool trick." She grinned at me. "And then we have to hurry back home so we don't get caught."

"Everyone was asleep at your house right?"

She nodded her head.

"Then we're fine."

"Oh my god! Bells that's so cool, how'd you do that?" Her eyes widening at she looked from my hand to me

"Magic." I giggled handing her the flower. "Stuff like this started happening a few weeks ago, and I haven't told anyone."

"Bells that's amazing!" She giggled. "You're like a witch. My best friend is a witch."

"But you have to promise me you won't tell anyone. Please?" I asked holding my pinky out to her.

"I promise." She smiled softly, hooking her pinky with mine.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school?"

"Yeah I'll see you tomorrow." She threw her arms around me pulling me into a tight hug before she took off back towards her house.

I grinned to myself playing with my newfound powers a little more before fire sprung up in my hand making me panic. It didn't matter how many times I closed my fist the flames sprang back to life the moment I opened it again.

"Breathe child." A woman's voice came through the darkness.

I took a shaky breath the flames not dying out, but they stopped growing. She took a step into the light, she was an older woman.

"What three things can not long be hidden?" She asked me.

"What?"

"What three things can not long be hidden?" She asked again pausing. "The sun, the moon, and the truth. Repeat it."

"The sun, the moon, the truth. The sun, the moon, the truth." The flames died out as my heart beat steadied.

"You are young, too young to be showing these signs. How old are you?"

"11. What signs?"

"The signs of a powerful witch. They usually present themselves when you turn 13, you're two years early. If you'd like help, I can't meet you out here at night. I'll help teach you control. Control for a witch isn't all that different from a werewolf." She said before flashing her wolf face at me.

"That's cool." I grinned.

"My name is Satomi."

"Bella." I told her a wide grin.

"You should be getting home Bella."

I nodded taking off back towards my house.

"Bella! What are you doing out so late?" Rory asked as I climbed back into my window.

"Give me your hand." I told her.

She hesitated but listened.

"You're like me?"

"You're like me?"

"Yeah." I smiled giggling lightly.

That night we stayed up late talking and learning from each other. But I kept Satomi a secret, protecting her and her pack. And just over a year later Rory would leave for New York. Our dad got custody of her and it would be two years before I'd see her again.

And for the next 3 years I would meet with Satomi in the dead of night. She would teach me everything she could and I would become an honorary member of her pack. Helping with what and where I could. Before she told me she was leaving, but that we would see each other again one day soon.

And just like she said we would, we did.