Werewolfs On The Loose

"Let's go you three." Derek said as we made our way through the streets.

Scott kept looking over at Derek. "What?"

"There's just something I can't get out of my head..." Scott started.

"The moon's rising, Scott. What is it?" I asked getting impatient.

"Risk and reward."

"Which means what?" Derek asked.

"We're not measuring the risk with enough information. We don't know enough." Scott tried to explain.

"We know time's running out!" Taylor snapped.

"Yeah, but think about it-- they put the triskele on your door Derek four months ago. What have they been doing all this time? Why wait until now?"

"We don't have time to figure out every little detail--" Derek replied before Scott cut him off.

"Okay, but what if this detail-- the reason why they waited-- is the most important one?"

"Then we do nothing, and Boyd and Erica are dead." Derek sighs. "I know what I'm risking-- my life for theirs." He ran and jumped off a trash can, grabbing onto the metal window bars before swinging himself onto the fire escape ladder. " And I won't blame you if you don't follow me."

They made it down inside of the wall, and Derek began to break through. After the wall gave Derek tumbled through. Scott stepped through next, I finally landed on the ground and waited for Taylor to make it, as we waited for Derek's signal.

"Boyd?"

He growled in response.

"Boyd? It's me, It's Derek." Mine and Scott's phone went off at the same time.

"Destiny, now really?"

"Bells, No. Listen to me! You guys have got to get out of there now. The walls of the vault are made with a Mineral called Hecatolite. It scatters the moonlight."

"Oh Shit." I muttered in realization, I grabbed Taylor's arm just as she was about to step into the vault room.

"What?"

"The walls of the vault keeps the moonlight out. They haven't felt the effects of a full moon in months. They haven't shifted for three full moons."

"Like the Roman Colosseum. They would starve the lions for three days making them more vicious and out of control."

"They no longer have a tolerance for the full moon."

"Derek we've got a problem. A really big problem." I heard Scott say.

"Cora?"

"Who?"

"Cora?"

"Derek, Get out. Get out now."

"Derek listen to her." I told him.

"Don't, don't come in here Bella," Boyd managed to warn me.

The Vault door opened, "Morell?" I asked confused.

She placed a handful of mountain ash down effectively trapping the four of them in there and us out of the room.

"No. No, wait!"

"You two aren't supposed to be here," she told Taylor and I.

"Don't kid yourself, Marin. It's not the first time you've gotten your hands dirty."

"And the girls?"

"We leave them for now. But I have no doubt about the Martin girl, soon enough, I will want her to join me."