Prologue part 2: The Bite

"Should we really be out here?" I asked Taylor.

"We'll be fine, besides I have training."

"Training?" I asked looking at her confused.

"I'll explain later. Now come on," she giggled grabbing my hand and pulling me with her.

We arrived at a more secluded area in the woods when she turned to me. "Promise you won't think any differently of me once I tell you."

"I promise." I nodded to her as we took a seat.

"My family the Argents, they're a family of hunters. Like supernatural hunters, they hunt werewolves. And they've done so for a very long time, they sent me away a few years ago to France to live with my grandfather. Taught me everything I know, but I don't, I don't want to hunt people down. I mean they're still people, but Gerard didn't agree."

"Werewolf hunters?" I asked looking at her.

"I promise I'm not making it up, and I'm not crazy."

"No, no I don't think you're making it up or that you're crazy. I believe you. It just, do you guys hunt anything else?"

"No. It's just werewolf's. Why?"

"Because I'm a witch. I have magic, just like my older sister Rory."

"No way."

"Holy crap you're serious, that's so cool!" She giggled

"But you can't tell anyone okay? Promise me."

"I promise. I'll never tell another soul." She nodded.

Both of our attention was shifted when we heard rustling in the trees.

"Please tell me you have something to help us if we need it." I said as we both spun around looking.

"Unfortunately no I don't. I don't just carry guns around with me."

"Okay. If you see it let me know, I'll do my best."

"Right, right." She muttered as our backs were pressed together after a few seconds she spoke. "On your right."

I missed it by a few inches, as we kept looking around. I finally saw it and I hit it, knocking it flying a few feet from us.

"Holy fuck you hit it." Taylor said before she began walking towards it.

"Taylor come on, maybe we shouldn't go near it. Let's just get out of here while it's still down."

She ignored me and walked closer to it until she was right next to it. "Come look at it Bella."

"I don't think we should be that close to it, it's not dead probably just stunned. We should go," I tried to reason with her but it was no use.

Then it happened so fast I couldn't even track it, it jumped up and launched itself at Taylor. It's teeth sinking into her ribs, before it zeroed in on me. I felt it's teeth gos into my shoulder, before it ran off.