Catching Werewolves

"Left or straight?" Argent asked as we followed behind them.

"Left. Sorry, it's right around the corner-- that parking lot there." Scott gave him directions. "Yeah, just a little further up, right there."

He pulled up to the crime scene, putting the car into park, before Scott spoke up, "Thanks again for the ride..." I could see him start to get out, but he stopped.

Argent seems horrified as he asks, "They did this? Boyd and..."

"Cora." Scott tells him.

I see Argent turn his head towards Scott and he asked, "Where's the last place you saw them?"

"The preserve," Scott said as Argent started driving again, with us still following him.

Once we reached the preserve we meet up with Scott and Argent who dropped a bag on the ground.

"You're tracking them by print?" Argent asked us.

"Trying to..." Scott shrugged.

"Regardless of if we told them they wouldn't be able to." I gave the boys a pointed look making Argent smile before he spoke up.

"Well, then you've been wasting your time. There's only one creature on earth that can visually track footprints, and that's man. And, if you're not trained like me, you have no idea that this print is Boyd's and these--"

"Are Cora's." Issac said confidentially cutting Argent off.

"Nope-- they're yours." Taylor told him as I continued for her. "You trampled Cora's as soon as you walked over here."

"Listen, I know the three of you are focusing half your energy on resisting your own urges under the full moon, but that puts you at a severe disadvantage to Boyd and Cora, who have fully given in. They put the pedal to the floor, where you three are barely hitting the speed limit."

"Five of us," Derek gestured to Taylor and I standing near Argent, before he continued impatiently. "So, what do we do?"

"I meant it when I said the three of you. The girls for whatever reason don't fight the full moon, just as the full moon doesn't control them. Now focus on your sense of smell. Actual wolves are known to track their prey by up to a hundred miles a day by scent. A trained Hunter can use scent to track them. If the wind is with them, wolves can track a scent by a distance of two miles, which means we can draw them to us... or into a trap." Argent said tossing Scott a net.

"The full moon does give us one advantage-- they'll have a higher heat signature, which makes them easier to spot with infrared." Argent said tossing us hunting goggles.

"Thanks, but I've got my own." Derek told him a bit smugly, flashing his alpha eyes.

"Just remember, we're not hunting wild animals. Underneath those impulses are two intelligent human beings. "Don't think they can't rely on that human side-- it's suppressed, but it's there, reminding them how to mask their scent, how to cover their tracks, how to survive." He told us as we reached the cliff overlooking the city.

"When's the last time you saw your sister?" Argent asked Derek.

"Not in years. I thought she died in the fire."

"Do you feel like you have a lock on her scent?" Argent asked making Derek shake his head no.

"Scott, how confident are you in your skills?"

"Honestly, most of the time, I'm trying not to think about all the things I can smell."

Argent let out a sigh. "All right-- the problem is when they breach the woods and hit the residential area. Once they're past the high school, they're right in the middle of Beacon Hills."