my-log: snow

I WAKE UP THE NEXT MORNING to see snow falling down from outside of my window

I WAKE UP THE NEXT MORNING to see snow falling down from outside of my window. It's predicted to get pretty heavy later in the afternoon, but nothing too bad. Every time it snows, I think about the time Geun was 4 and there was a snowstorm on a Monday. School was cancelled, so we went outside and played. He ended up feeding me a yellow, lemon-flavored snow cone that he said he got from the snow cone man passing by...

He was the snow cone man...

And it wasn't a lemon-flavored snow cone...

I meet with the staff on the bottom floor in the dressing room, only to see that the boys were already there getting their hair done and outfits picked out.

Everyone turns to me, and I see the guy's faces lift when they see me. "Y/n!!"

I stop in the doorway from their sudden yelling. I felt my stomach growl, and for the first time I can't tell if it's because I'm hungry or if it's because I'm nervous. I lightly nod my head and walk to my station. "Good morning."

I don't remember much from the night of the incident, but when I look at Heeseung, I can't help but feel a bit guilty. I've gotten my closure with Jake—I know he doesn't find me weird or insane after everything and still cares. But for Heeseung, I feel like I probably freaked him out to the point where he might not want to talk to me. I'll just give him space...

I do Jungwon, Jay, and Sunghoon's makeup, while Lea does Sunoo, Niki, Jake, and Heeseung's. After, we're told by our head staff employee to wait in the dressing rooms so they can finish creating the set for the video they were filming.

I start to clean my station, when I feel a light tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see a boy with plump cheeks smiling at me excitedly. "Y/n! Can you come with me to the corner store? It's only a few blocks away!"

I blink at him. "...The corner store? Are you hungry?"

"There's these snacks I want, but they don't sell them in the HYBE store so I have to go to the market to get them. I figured I'd ask you to come with me since I haven't really hung out with you alone before."

"...Oh...Sure...I'll go..."

Nari and Mi-young dress us up in thick coats, scarfs, gloves, and beanies to defend the cold so we can embark on our journey for ramen and pocky. We leave the HYBE office and cold winds cut our cheeks almost instantly.

I don't particularly like winter, but which is a big reason why I hesitated to saying yes to Sunoo.

Why would I walk 10 minutes through the snow just for a soda? But then again, he seemed like he really wanted to eat his favorite snacks, and he couldn't leave without a staff member.

We stop at a corner, staring at the small box across the street that has a big red hand blinking at us, telling us to wait. There weren't many cars on the road, but the ones that were driving, were going pretty fast despite the icy streets. Maybe they were rushing home or to work before the snow got too bad.