30. Proposal?

LONG-LONG CHAPTER!
Njoy!

~•~

"Keep it private, until it's permanent"

Chapter 30: Proposal?

*Author's POV*

New day, new beginnings.

Rightly said. Isn't it?

'Surely in Preeta's day'

Preeta's had a bright look as she looked around the apartment flat she had bought, where apparently her mother would be staying.

She proudly propped her hands on her hips and a satisfied grin broke on her lips as the look she had assumed of her flat after shifting was exactly the way it was now.

Oh yes! They had shifted the next day only.

She couldn't delay.

"Preetaaa" Her mother yelled from the other room.

"Haan Mumma" she yelled back heading to her.

"Haan Mumma" she repeated as she neared her mother.

"Beta yeh bhagwan ji ki murthi ke liye na mujhe woh wahan *points to a corner* upar ek shelf chahiye hoga.."

"Shelf?" she began brooding (think) and looked around to find anything that could be used as a shelf

"Shelf toh nahi hai.. par aap fikar na karen mein ek shelf wahan banwaa dungi.. filhaal aap iss table ke upar bhagwaan ji ko rakh dijiye"

Her mother glowed. She passed her a smile and kissing the side of her head headed towards the table.

Preeta's eyes watered and lips broke in a smile as she stared her mother all happy and smiling seeing her new house that her daughter bought.

The only thing she had ever wanted.

Her mother to be the happiest of all.

The only member of her family left.

She wiped her tears that had spilled out as soon as she heard her mother calling her happily, probably excited seeing something new in the house.

"Probably the sliding glass door." She chuckled knowingly.

They belonged to a middle class family and getting comforts more than they had ever had was surely something exciting and thrilling.

("~•~" shows that the scene has changed)

~•~

"Yeah" Karan nodded at the laptop, to be precise to the officials he was in a meeting with.