Chapter 2

Nat POV

I had been texting this girl for a while. During a meeting with Fury but whatever. Sophia was her name. And what a beautiful name that is.

Though she did seem to act weird when I asked her what her favorite song was. She left after answering in a bit of a hurry. It was weird since I didn't think I was asking a question that was really personal.

After she left I put my phone down and started listening to whatever fury was talking about. From what I could gather it was a new mission as well as a recap on the last one we did for those who weren;t there. Thankfully I didn't need to listen to a recap of what I did and I wasn't going on the next mission.

The meeting ended and I went to train for a couple hours. I was just finishing at 1 when I got a text from Sophia.

Sophia: I'm sorry for earlier. A lot of people came into the cafe. Which leads me to my next question: where do you work. I work in a little cafe

Ms spider: no its ok i thought i had upset you with the question

Sophia: no you didn't

Ms spider: good. I work at SI

Sophia: Oh my god. SI. I wanna work there so bad. I'm literally studying for the internship test that's happening today right now with peter.

Ms spider: well I better leave you two to it then. Good luck

Sophia: Thank you

Sophia POV

I got the notification just before my break was about to start. Normally I would have just ignored it but I saw the header on the Instagram post. 'last day of SI Internship tests'

I had totally forgotten about the test while talking to ms spider. Knowing Peter he most likely forgot as well and I needed to get him so that we could go together. More urgently I needed one of my colleagues to take my shift while I was out.

I went to ask Julia first. She was cleaning one of the tables that was just used when I got there.

"Hey Sophia" She said when she saw me walking up to her. I did a little wave in reply. "What can I do for you"

"Can you possibly, maybe, cover my shifts today. Something came up" I typed. I had an app on my phone that read aloud anything I typed into it.

"I really would, Sophia, but I have an early rehearsal today. Sorry" she says

I go around and ask a few more people until I come up to maddy. The closest person that I have to a friend here.

"Maddy can yo-" my phone starts

"I know you need someone to cover your shift and I'm happy to do it." She says

"Thank you so so much"

"Hey as long as I get to keep the money"

"Yes of course you do" I type

I go back to the counter and text MJ. I hang out with her and Ned a lot but am a lot less close with them than I am with Peter.

Sophia: can you please text peter to meet me at the park near SI so we can study for the SI test as fast as he can

MJ: yea its sent

He says 'shit I forgot thanks for reminding me i'll be there in five

Sophia: Ty

MJ: why don't you text him yourself