Chapter 32

Sophia POV

The next morning I wake up to the sun streaming in on my face. In the spring and summer, I always love how the sun wakes me up. Plus it meant that my foster parents never had to scare me awake. As much as I just adored the internal shock cold water crashing on my face makes, the sun is much better.

It is still pretty early but I still get up and get ready. By 4:30-4:45 I am good to go. I didn't want to go into Wanda's room to wake her up, so I just went down to the lab. It was empty, it seemed Tony went to bed for once, so I moved to the whiteboards filled with equations.

It seemed Tony had moved from nuclear physics to quantum reality since these equations took about five minutes each. I finished around seven when I heard someone come into the room.

"Here you are" Natasha says with a sigh of what I assume is relief

"We've been looking for you, come on, it's time for breakfast" Wanda says beside her. I get up and move to Wanda. We share a small kiss with a smile before I take her hand. I'm about to leave when I notice moms face

"Oh you guys are so cute," she says. I roll my eyes as Wanda blushes. We walk to the elevator and ride up to the common room floor. Wanda and I drop our hands as we get out.

"Found her guys" Wanda says to Peter and Pietro

"Good, I don't need a missing friend," Peter jokes as we move to the dining table. I chuckle as idle chat begins around the room.

"What are you gonna do today self" Steve asks

"well I finished the lab equations" I say look into Tony "so I'll probably just be chilling around today"

"we can do some patrolling" Peter suggests

"yeah that could be fun we haven't done that in a while"

"all right then" he replies

"Will Ned and MJ be making an appearance this summer?" Natasha asks

"I don't know maybe" I say catching peters eye

"Ned is going away with his family for most of the summer. From today until a week before school" he says "MJ will probably come over sometime during the month I don't really know"

"you can always invite them over here Pete" Tony says

"thank you Mr. Stark"

"Tony is fine kid I've told you a million times" he said

"Sorry mr- Tony" Peter corrects

"Thank you" Tony says with a smile and small nod.

I quickly finish the rest of my food and take my plate into the kitchen. Peter follows behind me and we walk back upstairs together.

"I'll just go change into some training gear. I'll meet you in the foyer?" I say

"yeah OK I have my suit in my bag" he says

I walk into my room and close the door behind me. Quickly changing into my shadow suit. I look through my closet for it and see a small note attached to a new and improved outfit.

Dear Sophia

Your Shadow suit was a bit torn and tattered so I fixed it up for you. I know I'm the best.

You're welcome.

Tony

I read the note with a smile and small eye roll before taking the outfit off the rack and quickly changing into it. It was similar to Peter's suit as the mask came on and off automatically. The material was reinforced with Vibranium but was still light and flexible. I leave the suit on and put a sweater over the top. The avengers may know who I am but the rest of the world doesn't. I walk down to the lobby and see Peter there waiting while talking to Happy.

"You really don't have to I can walk" Peter argues as I approach

"the boss wants me to drive you so I'll drive you" Happy retorts

"hey guys" I say "what are you arguing about"

"Mr. Stark told happy to give me a drive" Peter says "I'm trying to convince him to let me go on my own without telling Mr. Stark"

"well have fun trying Peter" I say "when Mr. Stark wants something he gets it"

"exactly" Happy says

"well fine, let's go" Peter says in defeat

"Great" I say as I pull Peter out of the building. We walk the quick 30 minutes to Queens. We get on top of a building and I quickly strip my sweater off and place it in my bag.

"Oh cool new suit?" Peter asks as he too takes his sweater off

"Yea Tony made it for me"

"Nice" he replies "he made this one for me too"

Peter and I continue to talk and catch up. It has been a while since we hung out and it's nice to talk with him again. We lie down on the roof for a while until he hears a store being broken into. We quickly get over there and see a small convenience store with a masked man holding a gun and three civilian hostages. The man who works there and two girls who look like sisters. All three with their hands up.

"You know this place is kinda small" Peter says "I'f your gonna rob a joint you might as well rob a chain store"

"SHUT UP" the man says as he points the gun at us now

"Hey chill out man" I say "I'm not the one pointing a gun at you"

"JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP" he yells as he cocks the gun and shoots into the air. The younger of the girls, maybe about 4, starts to shake and cry as the older pulls her into a hug.

"Ok as much fun as this has been" Peter says "I have places to be" He quickly webs the gun out of the now shocked man's hand and into his own hand.

"You shouldn't just point these at anyone you know" I say as Peter hands the gun to me. I quickly put the safety on and take all the bullets out. "You could seriously hurt someone"

Peter takes on the man as I lead the people out of the store. I lead the children out first before going back out for the store clerk. As I come out with him, a police car comes rearing around the corner. Following behind it is another car where a man and a woman come running out the moment it;s parked.

"Oh Ana, Isabella are you two ok?" the woman asks as she immediately pulls the two girls into a hug. They both cry into her as the man looks up at me with tears in his eyes.

"Thank you" he says with a smile "Thank you for taking care of my girls"

"It;s no problem sir" I say with a small smile before leaving and going back into the building where I see Peter dragging a webbed up robber

"FUCK YOU TWO" He yells as the police throw him into the back of their car

"Yea yea save it for court" the policeman says as he closes the door. He then turns to us with a grateful smile.

"Glad you two are back on the streets" he says "You save a lot of people and in this day and age, more people should be as kind as you two"

"It's no problem" Peter replies before turning to me and holding his arm out for me "To the next crime m'lady" he says as we turn away

"Are you two married" The little girl asks suddenly as we're leaving

"Oh no he's a friend of mine" I reply

"I think her girlfriend would hate me if I said I was her husband" Peter adds

"Yea she would ha- wait what" I say before realizing what Peter said.