Chapter 5

Sophia POV

After Peter invited himself into my conversation with mama spider we saw a robbery happening a couple stores away. We put on our masks and Peter swung into action while I jumped off the building and floated down beside him.

Oh have I not mentioned my powers yet. Whoopsies my mistake i guess. I can heal others though not myself, which low key sucks, I can create force fields, teleport, become invisible and have heightened senses.

I also have a lot of training. Way more than the average 15 year old does. How did I get all this, you may be asking, well the answer to that is that I had a very experimental foster father. He liked big thick syringes with colorful liquids inside. I lived with him from when I was around 8-12.

I got all the training from his wife. She was like an ex-spy or assassin and she liked fighting people. By fight I mean she likes having new people to beat up every day. She made me fight her for 4 hours everyday. I learned a bunch from fighting her even though I was young.

I wasn't even born deaf. I woke up from a night of torture one day and I couldn't hear a thing. Apparently when you mix together a bunch of deadly chemicals that should come with hazmat suits, and inject it into someone's body repeatedly, it causes some harm.

I lived in that house for four years. 8 years old to 12. Worst years of my life. Most of which I have not told a soul. The worst people know is that they were slightly abusive. And that was because one of their old foster kids went to the police about it.

But anyways back to the present. Peter and I quickly got to the robbery. He was webbing up the robbers while talking to them or something while I got the civilians out and made sure nothing happened to them. Teleporting in and out of the building with them. The police came in just as we were done with the robbers.

We left that scene rather quickly. Though Spiderman was known to the public eye I was not and tried not to be seen much by the police or media. We kept going at it for a while. We stopped 2 more robberies, 1 kidnapping and helped some people cross the road and gave directions. It was 130 when we had a little break and I talked to Peter about SI.

"Have you checked your email yet today?" I sign as we settle on a rooftop. I didn't want to say outright that I had gotten the internship in case he didn't.

"No I haven't, I should do it now," he replied, pulling out his phone.

We sit in silence as he reads through some emails. He comes across one and his eyes widen in shock. His mouth opens in surprise.

"I got it, I got it, I got it." He said

"Got what?" I typed though I already knew what he was talking about.

"I got the internship" He says smiling

"That's great which one" I sign seeing as he can concentrate more now that he's not screaming in excitement.

"You are now looking at Mr Stark's personal intern" He said showing me the email. It was basically identical to mine. Just different names really.

Dear Mr Parker,

I have seen your application and test score to be an intern at Stark Industries. I would like to offer you a position as my personal intern. If you choose to accept, you may come to the tower on Monday at 4. We can discuss the hours and salary there. See you then.

From the desk of,

Tony Stark

"I got an identical email from them too" I sign showing him my email.