Chapter 27

Sophia POV

Wanda stayed with me throughout the two weeks of my recovery. She held me as I puked and would type things on my computer since school was still a thing. At the moment I am getting ready to go out for lunch. Wanda said she wanted to get some so, for the first time in a while, we are on our way to Delmar's. Wanda was in her room also getting ready.

"Damn we look good," Shadow says in my head. She had not really been present through my recovery.

"Hate to agree with you but yea" I say "Are you gonna keep talking to me?"

"Of course I am," she says. "I am a part of you and need you." As she speaks, a person very similar to me, though surrounded by wisps, oozes out of me.

"Why do you need me?" I ask her

"I was chosen to be placed with you. I live to help you and Wanda so long as you help me get home" she says

"Ok let's break this down. Number one: what do you mean me and Wanda"

"Of course I will protect you and Wanda" she says as if it were obvious "Wanda must be protected at all costs."

"Yea I'm not even going to dive into whatever that is" I say "Now two: how am I supposed to help you get home?"

"Well-" she is interrupted by a knock on the door. She moves towards it before I can and opens the door to Wanda.

"Hi, are you ready to go?" Wanda asks looking at Shadow

"Wow you look exactly like her" Shadow whispers with a smile.

"What" Wanda says confused.

"Shadow come back here" I say as Shadow smiles cheekily and looks back at me. Wanda looks into the room and sees me. Her face scrunches in confusion.

"What-" she starts. I sigh and move towards her. I gently grab her hand before pulling her into the room and closing the door behind her. Shadow follows me as I go to sit on the bed.

"Wanda this is shadow" I say introducing the two.

"You have a twin?" She asks confused looking between the two of us.

"No, I'm her powers," Shadow says, trying to explain.

"What" she asks

"It's kind of hard to explain," she replies trying to think of how she can help Wanda understand.

"I am her power. Whenever she is turning invisible or teleporting, it is me who is doing it. I am the source of everything she does."

"Ok" Wanda says, nodding. "That makes sense"

"Good" I say "Let's go to Delmar's now" I stand and put my hand out towards Shadow. She smiles and sinks back into me. I shudder as she does, feeling her inside my head once again.

"That was weird" Wanda says as she takes my other hand and we leave the room

"Yes" I agree "felt weird too"

"You'll get used to it" shadow said in my head. I nod and continue walking to the elevator. Soon we are entering Delmar's. I wave to Mr. D as he starts making our usual.

"Hey Sophia" he says "no more school woohoo"

"Oh right" I say, forgetting all about school. "I missed exams"

"Tony will probably sort it out for you" Wanda says "The school will understand"

"Yea probably" I say as I hand Mr Delmar the money and nod with a smile in thanks. "I really don't wanna fail tenth grade"

"I doubt you would fail" Wanda says "You're too smart to have this heavily influence your overall mark"

"Thanks" I smile as we leave the store. We walk down to Central park and sit on a bench as we eat our food. Soon we're done and we start walking through the park hand in hand. We get back to the tour at around 3. When we walk into the elevator, we meet Nat already there.

"Hey guys" she says as we start the ascent to the common floor.

"Hey mom"

"Hi nat"

"Oh Soph, Tony wanted me to tell you that he contacted the school about you missing exams and they agreed to let you do them tomorrow during school hours." Nat says

"Oh ok that's great" I say before yawning

"Still need rest from the concussion?"She asks

"Somehow" I reply "I've done nothing but sleep for the past two weeks. How am I still tired"

"You've done more today than you have in the past two weeks" Wanda says "Your body is just used to lying down. You'll be back to shooting guns and flipping off building in no time"

"When were you flipping off buildings" Nat asks

"Wanda wanted to see if I could when we were out." I reply

"Yea, sure, makes sense," she says with a nod. The doors open to the common room floor and she gets out.

"Have a nice nap" she says before the doors close.

The ride up to our floor is silent though I hold onto Wanda's hand. She leads me to her room and I climb into her bed. I sit up and as soon as she does the same, I cuddle into her. She moves into a lying position and moves my head to her chest. Right above her heart. She lightly takes my hair out of the ponytail it was currently in and begins to slowly run her hands through it. Her nails lightly scratched my scalp making me relax further into her. I hum into her and she chuckles. The laughter radiated through her body.

"Do you like it when I scratch your head?" she asks

"Very much"

"Then I'll never stop" As she said, she continued to scratch and I relaxed more and more into her. Soon my eyes begin to droop and I fall into a deep sleep.

I wake up in a dark room. I try to move my arms to put up but am unable to. I look down as my eyes begin to adjust to the darkness. My arms are strapped to the table. Legs as well. I look around and find myself on what looks like a stretcher. I look to my right and see a tray of utensils, knives, needles, scissors, gloves, goggles and more.

The door opens suddenly and I see a man that instantly makes my blood run cold. I suddenly remembered where I was. The shed. A surprisingly spacious room with rot covered walls, floor and roof. An old hospital stretcher in the middle with torturous toys lining the walls. He came over to me with a thick needle filled with bright blue liquid. He placed it on the tray then looked into my eyes.

"Are you ready to have fun?" he asks with a creepy wide smile. At this point I had learned not to respond. I was about ten in this memory and though I still had my hearing, I knew he rarely ever wanted to hear me.

"ANSWER ME BITCH" He yells before smacking me across the face.

"Yes Sir Cooper" I reply monotonously. He smirked in what I assume is happiness.

"Good" is all he says. Cooper is a tall thin man with dark brown hair and hazel eyes. His wife, Amelia, looked exactly like him. Most would mistake them for siblings or even twins.

Cooper walked to the needle and picked it up. He squeezed some of the liquid out before jabbing it into my shoulder. The blue quickly vanished within me as an icy cold washed over my body. He stood back and got his clipboard out. Ready to document any changes in me. He watched as I writhed in pain, screaming and panting as my body froze and melted itself over and over again.