Chapter 6

Sophia POV

To say I was excited would be an understatement , I was ecstatic. My first day of work at Stark industries is today! I could tell Ms L was as excited as I was. She gave me 20 dollars for lunch today for the first time. She gave me a big smile as I left. Checking to see if my number worked in her phone.

I made my way to school feeling incredibly happy for the first time ever. I meet up with Peter at the usual place and we walk the last bit together.

"I got a new phone" I sign showing him the phone

"Oh my God, that's awesome. Make sure you got the right number in there this time" he jokes

"Haha. And yes I do. Had to double-check mama spider's number though" I sign

"internship today. We can go over together." Peter says as we walk into school

"Yep" I reply

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked into Start Industries with Peter by my side. we would go in together since I didn't talk. We walk to the receptionist desk and she looks up at us

"Hi, what can I do to help you?" She asks with an obviously fake smile.

"hi I'm Peter Parker and this is Sophia we're here to see mr. Stark." Peter says

"Yeah okay. For the internship right" she asks typing away

"Yep"

"You guys can go with Happy over there. He'll take you guys where you need to go" she says motioning to a man who had a very big frown on his face.

"Thank you" Peter says cheerily as we go to Happy.

Happy probably heard the conversation since he silently walked us to the elevator. As we got in I took the left most side and Happy took the right. pushing a button as Peter stood in between us.

The elevator ride was long and Silent, nobody wanted to talk. When it finally beeps the door's open to a lab with AC DC music playing on full volume.

Peter covers his ears with his hands while I forcefully muted my hearing aids. relief came with the silent world. It took a few moments before Peter lifted his hands from his ears. seeing this I raise my volume. letting it go half way when I didn't hear blaring music anymore.

"Sorry about that, I forgot you guys were coming" mr. Stark apologizes

"oh it's fine Mr Stark" Peter says trying to contain his excitement.

"Okay, why are you guys here again?" he asks. I internally roll my eyes as Peter says " for the internship"

"right right. Peter and Sophia." I nod my head as Peter says a smaller yep

"Okay I got a question on each of those boards. Grab a marker and solve them" he said leading us over to two white boards

I immediately scan the question and get to work. it was simpler than I imagined it would be but whatever. I finished and put my marker down going over to mr. stark as he tinkered around with one of his repulsors. I lightly tapped his shoulder and he turned around.

"what kid got a question" he asks

"no I'm done" I type letting my phone say it.

"No way you're done, come on" he says pulling me along. the motion causes immense pain in my arm which he seems not to notice thankfully.

"oh my God you're actually done" he says an amazement " JARVIS is this right"

"yes sir" the AI replies