Chapter 31

My power just came back so double update 🥳🥳

Next up, the date...

Sophia POV

At 6:00 pm I was knocking on Wanda's door. I was dressed in casual skinny jeans and a crop top with a leather jacket. Wanda opened the door almost immediately clad in a pale yellow sundress.

"You look wonderful," I say with a smile. She blushes in response with her own shy smile.

"Thank you" she replies "You look gorgeous"

I nod to her complement and pull her into me. I plant a quick kiss on her lips before pulling away. Her smile widens as I hold my arm out for her to take.

"Shall we?" I ask as I wait for her to take it.

"We shall" she responds as she holds onto me. I lead her into the elevator but immediately let go when we stop on the common room floor and Sam and Steve get in.

"Hey Sophia, Wanda" Steve greets as he sees us.

"Are you guys going out?" Sam asks

"Yea" I reply shortly "You guys heading out too?"

"Yup. Fury wants us at Shield" Steve explains as the elevator opens on the ground floor. Wanda and I get off and wave goodbye to the boys as they go down to the garage floor.

"Have fun," Wadna says as the doors close behind us. Wanda and I enter the buzz of the lobby. It was six, meaning that a big part of the evening rush of people were gone, though the lobby was still full. I nod to Happy and wave goodbye to Gwen as we pass her.

"Who's that?" Wanda asks as we leave the building.

"Gwen" I reply "I only met her once. She's Pepper's assistant."

"Oh cool" Wanda replies. The sidewalk had less people and she tentatively held onto my hand. I smiled as I lifted our joint hands up to my mouth. I planted a light kiss on the back of her hand and watched as her face lit up into a smile at my action.

"I'm so glad we finally got to do this" I say as I lower our hands

"Me too" she replies "Though I still don't know what THIS is"

"Well, you're in for a 'magical' evening. Filled with 'wizardry' and 'spellbounding' experiences" I say pudding emphasis on certain words. Catching on, Wanda smiles.

"Magical, spellbounding, wizardry" she says mulling over the words "that seems like it has something to do with V-"

"no" I interrupt jokingly "we must not speak of he who must not be named"

"yes Harry Potter" she says "now what would we d- *gasp*. Please tell me we're going to see the new one." She pleads facing me

"Turn around and you'll see," I reply. She quickly turns and squeals in excitement as she sees the movie theater with the massive 'Secrets of Dumbledore' poster.

"Yes" she yells turning back around and hugging me "I wanted to see this thank you"

"I take it I made the right choice" I joke

"yes yes yes" she says as she pulls away "let's go in and get tickets"

"already taken care of" I reply as she drives me into the theater.

"You are the best," she smiles, kissing my cheek. I smile happily and lead us into line for food. It was only 6:15 so we had some time. We quickly ordered our food, opting to share one medium popcorn and a drink. Dinner was still to come.