twelve

Stepping into Nardos office I give both men a very innocent smile

Stepping into Nardos office I give both men a very innocent smile. Nardo sits there staring at me incredulously. Buddy sits there with his arms crossed and a small smirk spreading across his face.

I can't tell what this guy likes more. Me annoying Nardo, or me getting in trouble by Nardo.

"Hey." I awkwardly greet the two men plopping down on the couch in his office. Looking around I start to whistle a tune before Nardo glares at me effectively shutting me up.

"What were you thinking?" He questions me from his desk. What was I thinking?

I have no clue.

"You see, the thing is not much goes on up here." I tap my head. "I saw the elevator, hopped on, and went for a ride."

"Maggie do you ever go anywhere and not get yourself into trouble?" He crosses his arms staring at me intensely.

"No." I'm not even going to bother lying. He knows better. We all know better.

"You are an interesting kid Maggie." 'Mr. Giovanni' tells me. His Italian accent incredibly thick.

That reminds me.

"I don't even want to speak with you. Why didn't you tell me you were Nardos cousin?" I angrily question them. Why do they have to be so damn rude this whole time?

"Firstly, I am not his cousin. Secondly, you never asked." He raises his eyebrows in my direction challenging me when I try to debate what he said.

"I-" I cut myself off because he's right. I never did ask him. I would never tell him that though. My ego is way too big. I probably got it from Nards. "Wait, if you two aren't cousins than what are you?"

"He's my father Maggie. Your grandfather." Nardo sighs rubbing his face in a frustrated manor.

Sorry 'Mr. Grumpy'.

"You're Giancarlo?!" I screech. This whole time I have been bothering my gramps. He nods smirking at me. "And you didn't say anything?! I feel more betrayed than earlier!"

"Sorry sweetheart." He apologizes to me. I nod my head and pull my phone out ignoring their curious looks.

"Marky!" I greet him pressing the phone to my ear.

"Hi Mags! Whats up?" He answers seeming excited to hear from me.

"Your father and your brother lied to me! They said they were cousins!"

"No we didn't-" I cut Nardo off.

"Shush Nardo. Marco don't listen to him. They didn't tell me Gian here was my grandfather!" I explain flailing my arms around try to add dramatic effect.

"That's so rude of them." He agrees scoffing. It's absolutely absurd of them that's what it is!

"Yeah, come to Nardos work I need someone who isn't a liar with me." I send the two a small glare. Hearing Marco laugh on the other end of the phone he agrees before we hang up.