twenty - six

"Capo

"Capo." My soldiers all say in unison as I make my way down to the basement of warehouse six. Rolling my sleeves up to my elbows I continue with my strides down to my target for today.

Only my soldiers know this side of me. I am a murderer. I have been since I was sixteen. Taking over my fathers mafia turned me into a cold blooded ruthless murderer, taking lives without a second thought. Torturing the enemies until they beg for mercy which I never grant them. The gratification I get from inflicting pain to my foes sends me on a adrenaline rush that can last me days at a time.

My daughter, she doesn't need to know this side of me. Although I made her little boss I will never put a gun in her hand because if anyone knows Maggie they would know she'd never touch the deadly metal weapon even if her life depended on it.

She's never seen me the way I am in the basement. It's worse than in the warehouses. When I walk down the rows of cells in warehouse six's basement I watch from my peripheral vision as the prisoners shrink into their corners praying that today they wouldn't face my wrath.

My yearning for blood and pain.

Just like every other Monday morning I make my way through the long stretch of a hallway planning my murderous revenge on Roan Rudenko.

His son hasn't met me yet. He's been here a week and in that seven day span I was taking care of my daughter. So I've had my soldiers weakening him. I can't kill him. Not until he turns eighteen.

When Maggie was born and even long before that I made a promise to never kill a kid. Maybe it was because I was a kid at the time or maybe it was because I had a little girl waiting for me at home. Whatever the reason may be, my morals, even though they are slim, they are extending Rudenkos life long enough for him to experience the same torture his father inflicted on my daughter.

And as I near his cell the terrible smell of puke and body odor reeks from the cells.

Stopping in front of Ethans cell I take a close look at the seventeen year old boy in front of me. He has blonde hair that is covered in dirt. Pale skin probably from the lack of nutrients he hasn't been getting. His piercing grey eyes stare right into mine. The look on his face not one I expected.

He looks empty, hollow, like nothing is there. But if you take a deeper look into his eyes you can see fear and exhaustion.

The haunting part of it isn't that he looks deathly ill, but rather that the look on his face resembled the exact same one Maggie held that weekend she was having hallucinations of Roan.

"Ethan." I break the silence, my tone is unreachable and distant. With no remorse for the boy in front of me whatsoever.

"Mr. Giovanni." His voice sounding scratchy, probably from the lack of water. Only two cups a day he's been receiving.

"Soldier." I turn to one of my men who stand near by guarding this section of cells. "Get him out of his cell, I want him chained up, in interrogation room eight. Have him ready in five minutes."