fifteen

"Luca?" I question the boy that resembles my partner in crime all those years ago

"Luca?" I question the boy that resembles my partner in crime all those years ago. His eyes widen and his lips curl up into a smirk.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Maggie. Giovanni." He smirks. My smile lifts as he stands up walking around the table to wrap his arms around me. "How's life Mags?" He whispers pulling me into his arms.

Wrapping my arms around my old friends torso seeing he grew at least six inches in height, I smell his very familiar scent.

What a fucking beast.

"It got shitty but now it's really good. What about you tall guy? I remember when you were short and scrawny." I reach up pinching his cheeks like a grandma would do to their grandchild.

Their friends all laugh at me getting on his nerves. "I would've loved to see that version of you Luca. You're too cocky now." An Asian boy pipes up laughing at the scowling Luca. He has a plain white t-shirt on and jeans.

"That would be quite the sight." The only other girl besides for Logan says with a small chuckle, she's wearing a sweatshirt and leggings. Luca pushes me away forcing me into my seat before he sits at his chair across the table. He playfully scowls at me.

It's so nice to finally see my first friend again.

"Well Logan are you going to introduce us to your new friend?"  The boy with brown floppy hair questions Logan making her blush a little.

"Friends this is Maggie, She saved me from Fiona. Punched her square in the jaw."

"Jesus Mags some things never change." Luca laughs in disbelief. I don't know what he expected from me. Let her get bullied?

"Hi there Maggie, my names April."

"Nice to meet you April, what about you two?" I point toward the two boys who are yet to introduce themselves.

"My names Zachary, thanks for sticking up for Logan." The Asian boy who I now know as Zachary smiles gratefully at me.

"I read a poster a few-"

"Oh my god." Logan chuckles under her breath cutting me off. Slightly narrowing my eyes at her I look back at Zachary and continue my sentence.

"There was a bullying poster, it inspired me I guess." I shrug. It's really not a big deal.

"Did you get distracted by the poster?" Luca taunts me. I give him the middle finger before looking at the boy with floppy hair who's yet to introduce himself.

"My name is Theo." He introduces seeing my awaiting gaze. He looks a bit awkward.

"Nice to meet you Theodore." I smirk when I see him look taken aback. He goes to correct me but Luca who knows me all too well holds his hand up.

"Don't even correct her."

"So you're new here?" April questions me making the whole table turn to listen. They look interested in my backstory.