sixteen

"THREE DETENTIONS! SERIOUSLY MAGGIE?!" Nardo has finally tipped over the edge and it might be my fault

"THREE DETENTIONS! SERIOUSLY MAGGIE?!" Nardo has finally tipped over the edge and it might be my fault. It was bound to happen. He lasted longer than I thought really.

I now sit in the living room watching as a pissed of Nards is losing his shit in front of me. He's pacing around like his ass is on fire. "I have an explanation." I try to explain but he wants no part of it.

"YOU ALWAYS HAVE AN EXPLANATION!"

He's not wrong.

"Can I at least share?" He takes a long frustrated sigh in before nodding. It has been quite the day for both of us. I look over at my uncle and grandfather who sit on the other couch in the living room watching the show.

"Fine Maggie."

"My math teacher was purposely making me look dumb! When she saw that I got all my homework questions wrong she decided to humiliate me in front of the whole class! But I'm me, and I don't get humiliated but still! Now the whole class knows that I am dumb."

My detentions have all been for different reasons. The first was for being late. The second was for me kicking Fiona is her cooch after I caught her harassing Logan again. Today's was because I lost it on my teacher and called her and I quote: "You are a dried up old woman, who likes to lick Satan's asshole just because he gives you attention."

Yes, not my finest moment. But I couldn't help it.

Now I want to cry. School is not going well for me. I am struggling in all my subjects, I can't focus, I am so stressed, all I want to do is smoke a cigarette, and I have a teacher who likes to target me.

I feel so overwhelmed and I just lost it today. It's my fourth day of school. I am fucking up so bad.

"Is this the same teacher who gave you detention on the first day?" Nardo questions me with a softer tone in his voice seeing my upset look. I nod my head looking down at my hands. I twiddle my fingers as I hear him pacing around the room.

"So this teacher is targeting you? Like from day one?" Marco asks me, anger clearly in his tone.

"Yeah, I am not doing well, I can't focus. I get everything on the homework wrong and when we take it up as a class she always calls on me sending me up to the board to answer the question. I don't know the answers though so she humiliates me. I am sorry, I really am trying." I apologize putting my head in my hands.

I hear two pairs of footsteps leaving the room before I feel a presence in front of me. I already know it's Nardo based of his cologne. I look up from my hands and when he sees my tears he wipes them away pulling me into his arms.

"I am sorry school is so hard. I will deal with her okay my baby?" He rubs my back as I silently cry on his shoulder.

"Okay. I really am trying though." I sniffle. He sighs pulling me away so we can face eachother.