thirty - two

"Thanks Spencer for driving me home

"Thanks Spencer for driving me home." I thank Luca's step-dad as I collect my bags. He just dropped Theo, Zach, April, and Logan off so I am the last stop of the night.

"It's no problem Maggie, it's nice to put a face to the name." Spencer says from the front seat. Luca rolls his eyes in amusement because he is still amazed that I can hold an adult like conversation. He's just jealous he can't.

"Agreed." I give him a smile before moving my arms around the passenger seats headrest. Pinching Luca's cheeks like a little old grandma. "Bye bye my Luca." I say in an obnoxious old lady voice.

"Go away Maggie." He laughs pushing my hands away from his face. I laugh too before hoping out of the car. Giving them a final wave and peace sign I walk over to the doorman Pablo.

"Hey my man." I fist bump him. "Long time no see!"

"Hello dear, it's nice seeing you too." He chuckles, I missed Pablo. He's been away for a couple weeks visiting his sister on the other side of the country.

"How was your vacation?"

"Good actually. I met a lady!"

"No way!" I laugh getting excited for him. I give him a friendly arm punch. "Good for you Pablo. Make sure you hold the door open for her." I wink. He rolls his eyes in response still smiling.

"Go home Maggie." He laughs. Nodding, I say my goodbyes before continuing through the building. Sending a peace to the secretary who does not like me one bit, I skip over to the stairs.

Why would I take the stars after a long day out? Well the answer to that question is that I might be on the tiniest sugar rush. I need to burn off all of the bad energy from the sugar before I get to the penthouse because Dad has his friends over. At least I think they are his friends?

Dad doesn't speak much about his friends. He probably doesn't have many. That's okay though because he's my best friend. We are best buddies on earth and with me around he can never be too lonely.

I hop up each step singing a song in my head. Swaying a bit I shake my bum a few times on the landing before continuing to waltz up the stairs.

I continue this for a good five minutes before the sound of a faint bang makes its way through the building. It almost sounds like thunder that's rapidly booming. Shrugging my shoulders I continue to dance my way up the stairs. I think about my dogs, rainbows, misogyny, capitalism, Shakespeare, chicken alfredo, you name it I probably have thought of it.

The rapid thunder keeps going but gets louder each floor I move up. I scrunch my eyebrow's together because last time it thundered it never sounded like this. A really bad feeling settles deep in the pit of my stomach but I choose to let it slide. Reaching the thirty-fifth floor of the sixty floor building I do a happy bum wiggle knowing that I am more than halfway.