twenty - four

Gramps and Marco wanted to take me out for lunch

Gramps and Marco wanted to take me out for lunch. I really didn't feel like it, all I wanted was to be near my dad but he had to go to a very important meeting so I was left with the next best option.

My stomach has been churning since I woke up from my nap. The headache I had earlier is just a tad bit duller than it was when I was panicking.

The thought of eating a burger right now makes me queasy but I bite my tongue and watch as Gramps beats Marco in an arm wrestle. I sit next to Grandpa leaning against his arm as I watch Marco pout like a baby.

They took me to this old diner about half an hour away from the warehouses. It's a small cute diner with white, blue, and pink thick stripes painted vertically on the walls. The booths are a bright lively red velvet and the floor has black and white checkered tiles. There are LED lights all throughout the cafe and upbeat music playing in the background barely heard over all the noise in the restaurant.

We had just sat down and already I want to go back to Dad. The vibes in the diner really clash with my mood only dampening it more seeing as on a regular day I would eat this shit up.

Only after another round of arm wrestling where Grandpa won again did the waitress come to the table to take our orders.

She has dirty blonde hair with dark brown eyes. She is fuller in both areas and she looks like every man or woman's dream. Wearing no make up she just looks effortlessly flawless. I look over to Marco seeing him already swooning at her, batting his eyelashes.

"Hi welcome to Daisy's Diner, my name is Layla and I will be your server today. Have you taken a look at the menu yet?"

"Yes love we have. I'll order for the three of us. She'll have the regular burger everything on it but cheese, side of fries and a Sprite to drink. Did I get that right Mags?" Marco looks to me. I nod giving him a grateful smile not really feeling like talking.

"Okay for him he'll have the exact same order as her but with the cheese on it. And I will have a triple patty burger with cheesy fries and a large coke to wash it all down. Please." He adds at the end giving her a wink. I snort when she gives him a weird look like he's insane, Gramps clears his throat clearly not liking Marcos actions.

"Coming right up!" She chirps before turning away heading towards the kitchen.

"What is wrong with you?" Gramps hisses at Marco making me snort out a tiny laugh.

"What? One day I want a woman so I can have my own version of Maggie."

"Version of Maggie? You mean like having your own daughter?" I question him, my left eyebrow quirked up. This guy makes no sense half the time.