thirty - one

"Get up

"Get up." I gently nudge Ethan awake. He grumbles and tries to protest but once he realizes who is in the room, slightly flinching as he stands up and faces me.

"Sorry, I thought you were a guard." He apologizes keeping his eyes downcast, afraid that he may make eye contact with me.

"You are joining me in a strategy meeting today. If you want to keep your life, then you will be there first hand to help us." I shove a pile of neatly folded clothes into his chest. "I will have a guard outside of the bathroom, make yourself presentable. I will see you at the drive soon." With that I slam the door shut and continue on through the warehouse.

At my appearance all of my people stand at attention quieting down. It's a sign of respect, my father started the action of standing up at attention, he passed it on and I have continued the tradition. I want that for Maggie too but she told me that when she takes my job the tradition will end. She said she wants to create her own traditions like a massive secret Santa at Christmas time or fundraisers for the homeless or the sick.

She's too nice for the Mafia. I don't want her to get more involved than she already is. I know she is already involved but I don't want her to become the Donna. Its not because she's a girl, if I had a son I wouldn't want him to have the job either. It's far too dangerous and unfortunately the job requires you to get your hands dirty. I don't want any kid of mine in danger. I want what's best for her and I know that leading the mafia is not that.

My people stand at attention waiting for me to say something or leave. "As you know there is an unofficial war with Roan Rudenkos Mafia. We've been allies for years but after what he's done to my daughter, to your boss, there is no going back. As of right now you are required to shoot on sight, you are required to follow your Capos orders for missions, shipments, and deals. There will be no mistakes. As of now you are in charge of protecting my daughter with your life. You will take a bullet for her. This isn't about two Mafias overpowering the other, this is about an evil, sick, man who wants my daughter dead. Work diligently. Dismissed."

I fucking hate making speeches.

I roll the cuff of my sleeves up while I step outside of the warehouse. Jonathan stands next to one of the mafias Range Rovers waiting for me. Reaching him i flash him a smile, before I enter the car. I wouldn't say we are close friends but I do consider him a friend, he is one of the few people who will ever receive a smile from me.

We aren't having the meetings at our warehouses today. People overhear things and that is not something I want in this case. News spreads fast in the warehouses, everyone and anyone knows everything.

Truth is, we have a rat. Now of course that assumption isn't accurate because there is no hard proof of there being one. Until we figure out who is leaking key information to Roan, we will meet at my home. Only my trusted people are coming with me today. My Capos of defence, shipments, docks, artillery, security, and hackers will be there today. Jonathan my third in command along with Marco who for some strange odd reason is my second command will also be there. My father and brother are already waiting for us in the penthouse.