Chapter 45: Promise me

Matt’s POV

Days after Christmas

We’re having a simple dinner where Daddy prepared for all the meals. Bountiful.

Sarah already gifted Mama, Papa, Paolo and Georgia but she’s not still giving her gift for me.

I keep on bragging about it even before the dinner and now we’re already done and she’s just having a bonding time with my siblings and still no sign of my Chrismtas gift from her. (Sigh)

There is this time where she and Georgia would look at me and then laugh and then I’ll notice that she’ll blush. It’s disturbing!

By 10:00 in the evening she already bid goodbye to them and while we’re on our way to the parking lot...

Matt: Okay Love, where’s my gift really? (Evidently frustrated)

I sounded like a 4 year old child on the verge of having tantrums. But who cares?! I want my gift!

Sarah: It’s in the car, Love. Don’t expect too much, nape-pressure ako kasi masyado kang excited.

Then she continue walking until we reached her car.

She handed me this white box wrapped with ribbon.

Sarah: Merry Christmas Love! (And kissed me on the cheek.)

Matt: Can I open it already?

Sarah: Okay.

It’s a charcoal paint, a caricature of us. It’s amazing, it really look like us?

Matt: Saan mo pinagawa ‘to Love?

Sarah: I did. (She proudly said.)

Matt: Seriously, anong talent ang wala ka Love?

Then I hear her sweet laugh, like a music to my ears.

Then I noticed that I have 6 packs on the caricature so I checked my abs to validate. How can she be that accurate?

Matt: Pati abs kuha mo ah. Ba’t alam mo na six? (I’m teasing her.)

Sarah: I’m that familiar with it. Kaya alam ko kapag may ibang humawak diyan, Love. (Sabay pinalakihan ako nito ng mata, scary!)

Matt: It’s all yours, Love. (And I gave her a peck on the lips.)

Sarah: May isa pa pala akong gift. (Sabi nito na biglang namula ang mukha.)

At nag-aalangang inabot sa akin ang isang paper bag.

Matt: Can I also open it?

Sarah: No! Mamaya na lang---