Chapter 4: Back to December

March 2013 ASAP guesting

Sarah’s POV

Kuya Gerrome: So it’s Matteo-Jessie na pala?!

ASAP staff 1: Mukha! makayakap si Girl, oh! (While the four of them is looking at the picture which  uploaded by Jessie herself in Instagram).

ASAP staff 2: Korak! Ang yummy rin nitong si Matteo noh?

Kuya Gerrome: Palpak na naman ang gut feel ko! Akala ko he has this something for Bebe… hmmp! Masyado lang yata akong malisyosa…

Sarah: Ano po yan?! (biglang sulpot, now looking at the couple pic…) Aah… sila na? Bagay sila! (Making it sound cheerful)

Lokong Matteo ‘to ah, na-guilty pa naman ako, yun pala.. wala naman akong dapat ika-guilty!

 Boys are boys... I should have known.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

April 2013

Matteo’s POV

My manager just told me that I’ll be a part of Sarah’ US tour.

The tour will be two weeks long.

If that hurting encounter didn’t happen months ago, I could have jump for joy for this opportunity to be with her.

But that would not be the case…

She only reminds me of the dream that I will never have… the dream I already chose to let go.

Jessie: Matt, I’ll be missing you…

Matt: Hey! Don’t be like that, ok?

You should hang out with Sam and the other guys, they are all fun to be with.

Don’t stress yourself too much.

In two weeks’ time, your best buddy will be back. Ok?

Jessie: Best buddy? Really? (Laughing with sarcasm)

Matt: Jess…

Jessie: After what we’ve shared, best buddy huh?!

Matt: I’ve always been honest with you… I told you, I’m not yet ready for another relationship…

Jessie: You know, it’s not about that… it’s not that you’re not ready...

But that crazy thing you still have for Sarah, right?

Matt: Jess… C’mon…Let’s not argue about this…(about to walk away)

Jessie: I thought we’re good! You even introduced me to your family… Matt (already sobbing). I just thought I’m more than just that… I thought I have something to hold onto.

Matt: Hey... listen… you’re important to me, ok?

You’re already part of my life now...

You’re a good friend… Jess.

Jessie: Friend??

Friends with benefits?

 Damn you! Damn that friendship, Matt!