Chapter 33: Long distance

Matt’s POV

June 20, 2014 - At the airports lobby

Road Manager: Kamusta naman ang ‘boyfriend of the year’?

Matt: Haha! Kayo talaga! (Ngiting wagi)

I’m so proud of her...

I don’t know how she braves this one but I’m just so happy that she finally stood up for herself, for our relationship.

I could finally shout to the world that this stellar is mine... only mine.

I called her up immediately right after I learnt about what she did....

Matt: Hi! My girlfriend!

Sarah: Haha! Sira ka... Proud of me?

Matt: Not so... may kulang eh. Dapat sinabi mo, “Boyfriend ko po yung sobrang gwapo tapos macho pa-----

Sarah: Kapal mo!

Matt: Seriously, I’m proud of you Love. Thank you for doing that. Thank you...

Sarah: That’s because I trusts you. I have faith on what we have.

Matt: Ah... I’m speechless. If only I could retract from this thing in the US... Ghad! I want to be with you right now!

Sarah: Speaking of that... Be a good boy there ah.

Matt: Lagi naman ah...

Sarah: You’re with your ex Matt... Just to remind you.

Matt: Trust me on this.

Sarah: Ok.

Matt: I love you girlfriend.

Sarah: I love you too.

----------------------------------------------------

The PAFCOM 2014 that Maja and I attended was a success.

I kept a safe distance from her, not because I’m afraid of something or anything...

Ok... Actually I’m afraid of what my girlfriend might think. I’m not under her but I just don’t want her to think of anything. I hope I explained it right... I’m not afraid of my girlfriend, I just want--- 

(Interrupted by the writer: Gets na namin Matt. Hindi ka under kay Sarah, ayaw mo lang siya mag-isip na kung ano. Ok na...haha!)

After the event, I have to wait for about a week to attend another event in Virginia.

I went to Cal Poly to meet my sister Georgia and her triathlete friends. I stayed there for couple of days and trained with them. I kept myself busy but I still couldn’t ignore the fact that I’m missing her badly.

Matt: Love, I miss you so much...

Sarah: I’m missing you too.