Chapter 18 : Whispers of Hearts

**********

Not proof read.. Ignore the mistakes..

Thanks for supporting this story...

Thanks..

*************

Chapter 18 : Whispers of Hearts

3 Years Later...

Delhi...

Roychowdhury Mansion...

3 years...

It's been 3 long years since Arnav had went for Harvard.. Many things had changed since then in Delhi. Few are good things and few are worse..

Susmita Dasgupta and Devi Roychowdhury, Arnav's dadi and nani, both are suffering from age old problems, though Devi is better, but Susmita's dementia is worsening.. She is forgetting many things, many people around her, even she could not recognize her "small devi mayaa", Khushi anymore.

Mr Arun Dasgupta and Reshmi Roychowdhury's relationship took a drastic change 3 years before on the night of their daughter's suppose engagement.. Arun's patience broke that night when Reshmi, due to her stubbornness and her so called prejudice, almost destroyed their only Daughter Avantika's heart and her whole future..

Something broke inside Arun that night.. The tenderness, love , care and faith that he still had for his ex-wife Reshmi, shaken badly...and since then Arun behave very coldly to his ex-wife..and this had transformed Reshmi too.. Reshmi was a proud woman, her whole life she was the princess of her parents, then queen of her husband and then Goddess for her son.. even after their divorce, Arun's devotion never left her alone, she was always been cherished.. But for last 3 years Arun's ignorance, his coldness broke something inside Reshmi too.. She finally had realized that not wealth or family name, but loves matters the most...After losing Arun's care, warm concern and love, she felt hollow inside. Though Reshmi tried hard to maintain her façade of rude lady, but inside she was a broken lady now, after all she had lost the man who actually worshipped her, since their days of college.. It's been almost a decade and now losing the warmth made Reshmi looked back her life..... Avantika became distant too after Reshmi's attempt to separate Avantika from Shyamal, now after Arnav left for study, Reshmi became really alone..

Unlike Reshmi, her brother Mihir is living a peaceful life.. His simple living thought always was mocked by Reshmi, but now she realized that her brother was always right.. That's why Mihir was always more close to his brother like, brother in law Arun.. even after the divorce of Arun and Reshmi, that bond never changes.. it became stronger day by day.. and since the last 3 years, infact Arun came to Roychowdhury mansion sometimes even without the knowledge of Reshmi.. She was surprised to see how her own brother became the little brother of her ex-husband, and she became as distant as a far fetched relatives..

Mihir and Madhuri are the same old lovely couple.. They are the perfect example of a family.. Aditya and Nikhil both are too lucky to have them as parents.. their parents never put their decision on their children, always encouraged them.. and that's why, both the brother never hides anything from their parents.. Thus it's not only Aditya and Piya are engaged but Nikhil and Jayati are going to engaged today..

Yes, today the Roychowdhury mansion has decorated beautifully for the occasion of Nikhil and Jayati's engagement.. Though they are only 18 years both, but both are going Harvard for perusing their higher study..and for that, both the parents decided to get them engaged much to Jayati and Nikhil's surprise.. They both were in cloud nine..

Khushi along with the Basu's have arrived just now.. Mr and Mrs Basu were conversing with Mahir and Madhuri, while Piya was having a little time with Aditya, at the corner of the hall.. Khushi felt alone among the crowd.. Though today her two best friends are getting engaged, she is happy yet she is feeling like crying.. Since the last 3 years it was very rare that he had seen Arnav..