Chapter 23: Life is Not a Bed of Roses

**********

Not proof read.. Ignore the mistakes..

Thanks for supporting this story..

*************

Chapter 23 : Life Is Not A Bed Of Roses

Another 1 year Later...

Lacknow...

Basu House...

Khushi's Room..

[ Arnav : 22 years, Khushi: 20 years ]

It was late night. Everyone was asleep in Basu house, except Khushi.. Khushi was anxiously looking at her phone, waiting for the phone to ring.. She herself is quite tired, but can not sleep without talking with her Arnav..

Yes, her Arnav...

In this 1 year, many things has been changed..

Aditya and Piya got married, and now Piya is in Delhi, Roychowdhury mansion, blissfully living her married life. In Basu house, apart from Mr and Mrs Basu, Khushi lives as usual, with the same ignorance towards her.. Her buaji's health deteriorated a lot..

Nikhil and Jayeeta are at Harvard undergoing their higher studies. Being engaged with each other, does not change their equation a little.. Nikhil is still a little afraid of Jayeeta and Jayeeta is taking the upper hand as usual.

Amar and Sneha are engaged now.. After completing their study at Harvard, Amar joined his father in their family business as well as in politics, while Sneha has opened her own boutique.. and with Arnav's their connections became almost nil.

Shyamal and Avantika are now proud parents of a beautiful baby girl, name Sayantika. Shyamal is now a renowned name in his work territory, a honest, straightforward, kind yet successful lawyer, while Avantika enjoying her motherhood by being full time mom.. She took a break from her job and enjoying with Sayantika, their doll.. Though both Shyamal and his mother, extended help and tried to convince Avantika to continue her job, but Avantika is so contented and firm with her decision, that finally they agreed.. Arun and Susmita, are visiting occasionally to Avantika's house, while Reshmi is as usual distant with Avantika.. Her relationship with her daughter and son in law, is still a distant one.

Rest family members of Dasgupta and Roychowdhury as usual are living their life, still unaware about the pact happened between Arnav and his beloved mother, Reshmi.. Though Devi and Susmita, in few occasions showed their suspiciousness, but did not get any response neither from Arnav or Reshmi..

Arun Dasgupta, the man of few words, got an idea that something big had happened between Reshmi and Arnav.. Because the mummu's boy is totally change... Arnav became distant from his family.. Initially Arun thought it will dissolved, but after 2 months, when Arnav suddenly returned from US not doing his further study there, Finally Arun confronted his son.. and that conversation was something which made a huge difference with his perspective as well as relationship with Reshmi....

Flashback...

It's been 2 days Arnav came back from US, surprising everyone and instead of staying at Delhi, he came at Lacknow.. Though he is staying at Seshmahal, but early morning he usually left an entered in late night.. Where he goes, and what he is doing, Arun did not get any answer.. when he called Reshmi, her sarcastic comments, made Arun frown, " Arnav is testing the result what he had done.. Arguing with me, will be his great regret" then and there, Arun knew that something happened, infact this time his ex-wife had tormented his son.. Arun had cut the call and waited for Arnav's return at night patiently.