Chapter 22: Upside Down

**********

Not proof read.. Ignore the mistakes..

Thanks for supporting this story..

*************

Chapter 22 : Upside Down

3 Years Later...

Delhi...

Roychowdhury Mansion...

Poolside..

On the day of Nikhil and Jayeeta's engagement...

[ Arnav : 21 years, Khushi: 19 years ]

Reshmi almost dragged a confused Arun downstairs while Khushi holds a frozen Arnav's hand tightly, who was looking at the retreating figure of his mother with a shattered looks on his face... tears rolled down from Khushi's eyes watching Arnav's state.. He is standing like a statue without any emotions, its like life had been sucked from him, as if he is nothing like a dead corpse.. His face is pale, eyes lifeless.. but which make Khushi worried most is Arnav's eyes.. He did not shed a single drop of tears.. His eyes turn red with pain and unshed tears, but not a single tear roll down from his eyes.. as if, as if, Reshmi's words had killed Arnav's inner soul..

" Allav" Khushi whispered to get some reaction from Arnav but none..

" Allav... Allav..." this time Khushi shook Arnav a little not getting any response. Slowly Arnav turns towards her and when his bloodshot eyes met with Khushi, she felt her heart sank... The raw pain in those chocolate eyes burn her whole being.

" Allav... Allav.. You...please, don't take those words by your heart.. Aunty.. Aunty was upset that you were not giving her time after you came back today.. may be.. its just her frustration .. don't get her words by your heart.. Allav she loves you.." Khushi said those words but before she continue, Arnav laughed dryly..

" Really Khushi? Are you kidding me? I am not a mere 6 year's old kid, whom you console by your soothing words, I know what maa told me... I can feel.. so don't you dare try to cover up anything.." Arnav asked Khushi while having a sarcastic smile on his face..

"Allav... you... please.." Khushi could not complete her words as Arnav harshly snatched his hands from Khushi's grip which make her stumble down in her place. With a gasp Khushi closed her eyes and was ready to fall but a familiar strong pair of hands protects her from falling.

" lagi tumhe? Tum Thik ho? ( did you get hurt? Are you Okay?)" Arnav asked with the known concern while slowly making Khushi stand in her feet.

" No..." Khushi nodded her head in negative.. " I am not okay... I can never be okay..if you are this much broken Allav.." with that Khushi sobbed hard making Arnav feeling guilty...

" Sorry, I am really sorry Khush.. I..I... I.. don't know what I am doing, or saying or feeling anymore... I am sorry to hurt you.." Arnav felt while his voice chocked a little.

" suuuhh...." Khushi placed her palm on Arnav mouth.. " Don't say a single word.. I am sorry that you have to face all this.." Khushi hiccupped a little while sobbing continuously.

" It was inevitable.. I should have known before.. I am nothing but a pawn to my mother , to show her husband.. as di always is vocal about her choices, maa targeted me.. But no more.. I will show her that Arnav can leave without the tag of Roychowdhury.." Arnav said determined.

" But, Allav... How? You are still a student.. you have your dream to complete Masters degree... then How? Please Allav, think wisely.. Aunty is angry because you were talking with me, and aunty felt neglected.. so,.." Khushi could not complete as Arnav looked at her with red angry eyes.