Chapter 25: Distance Between Hearts

**********

Happy Holi...

Not proof read.. Ignore the mistakes..

Thanks for supporting this story..

*************

Chapter 25: Distance between Hearts

Another 2 years Later...

Mumbai....

XYZ Apartment..

Evening 7 P.M.

[ Arnav : 24 years, Khushi: 22 years ]

Khushi was looking at the apartment with a frown, while Arnav stood besides her with an expressionless face.

" So, will you not tell?" Khushi asked again and Arnav remain silent..

" what is this Arnav? Why are you behaving so strange?" Khushi huffed in annoyance.

" What strange?" Arnav's monosyllabic response and casual attitude infuriate Khushi..

" This is too much.. Two days before you suddenly stop picking up my phone, no message, no call back.. I got panicked and called your office, but they informed you took leave for few days.. Then your roommate that Jacob told me you are sick.. I tried to call you but no response.. I was so worried.." Khushi said while choking a little bit.

" So worried that you came to Mumbai alone.." Arnav said without any emotion.

" Ar..Arnav.. are you not happy that I am here?" Khushi asked looking at Arnav cold behavior..

" You came from Lacknow to Mumbai, for the first time, alone.. ALONE... so, how will I react? " Arnav gritted his teeth.. " Don't you feel that, you should have at least inform Shyamal bhai and came with him or di? How you took that decision to travel alone? What do you think Khushi? This is Mumbai..You.." Arnav was cut off by Khushi as she almost screamed,

" I was worried for you... I.. thought you are sick or something.. you totally cut me off for 2 days... It never happened before.." Khushi said the last line in whisper though enough for Arnav hearing..

" Never happened before that does not mean, it can never happen.. Come on Khushi, grow up.. we are not that little children or teenager anymore.. Both of us are at the doorstep of our golden career.." Arnav said in a determination in his voice while something flashed in his eyes making Khushi uncomfortable..

Why she felt that her Allav has changed in this last 1 year, specially in last 6 months since he had changed his job and joined in a new company as a General Manager..

There was an uncomfortable silence stood between them.. Khushi was looking at Arnav with misty eyes while Arnav was engrossed in deep thinking.. Finally Khushi thought to melt the ice , as usual, and spoke,

" why are we here Arnav, whole House it is?"

That bring Arnav back to reality.. He looked at Khushi with a rare smile on his face and extend his hand, " Come on, let's go inside.."

The apartment is very cosy, three storied building. They came to 2nd floor and infornt of a closed door. Khushi looked confused when Arnav unlocked the door and looked at Khushi with a smile, " Welcome HOME , Khush..."

" Home?" Khushi asked surprised and in disbelief... " This flat? You .. You.."

" Yes, I bought it .. Its OUR HOME.. your and mine.." Arnav said and dragging Khushi inside..

Khushi had a mixed feelings about buying the house.. initially she was shocked, but soon it turn in joy, happiness for Arnav success yet worry for too much investment..