Chapter 2

Penelope's P. O. V:

I'm awoken at the sound of tapping on my window. Groaning, I sit up and check my alarm. It was 5am.

I drag myself out of bed and stride up to the window, yanking it open and lean out. I demand, "What do you want, Mr. Perfect?! Do you have any idea what time it is?!"

Marcus chuckles slightly as he replies, "Sorry, Pippa, but I need to talk to you. Do you have a minute?"

I sigh softly but nod my head. "Tell me, why are you tapping at my window at 5am?" I question.

"I visited Zoe just now but she told me to apologise to you, not her, because Pin is your boyfriend and you're obviously worried about him," Marcus says.

"Correct," I say as I cross my arms and lean against the wall.

"Well, I'm sorry for my weird behaviour yesterday. Can you forgive and forget?"

"I'm stunned to learn that Mr. Perfect isn't so perfect after all!" I say sarcastically, making Marcus chuckle breathily. "Alright, Marcus, I guess I can forgive you." He looks relieved by that.

"Thanks, Pippa," He says. "Did Pin tell you anything?"

"He only said that he's fine," I say.

"Really? He said nothing else?" Marcus questions. I shrug and shake my head. "I'm really sorry, Pippa."

"And I'm sorry, too, but it's 5am in the morning! Go home and go back to bed, Marcus!" Grandpa calls after poking his head out the window a little further from mine, frowning at the Greenbridge.

Marcus chuckles nervously as he says, "Sorry, Mr. Bartlett." Grandpa grumbles something incoherent under his breath before ducking back in his room and closing the window and curtains. Marcus looks back at me. "I'll get going, then."

"I'll see you later, Marcus," I tell him.

"Yeah. See ya," He responds before turning and leaving.

I smile slightly before I close my own window and go back to bed.

I get up after my alarm at 8: 15 in the morning and get dressed in a long sleeved burgundy red shirt with horseshoes printed on it and matching horseshoe jewellery, as well as matching red jodhpurs. I then grab my brown leather tasseled jacket and throw it on, tugging on my tall black boots afterwards.

 I then grab my brown leather tasseled jacket and throw it on, tugging on my tall black boots afterwards