Free Rein, The Movie: The 12 Neighs of Christmas, Part 1

Penelope's P. O. V:

I wear a short sleeved pink top that has buttons with my pink jodhpurs and rose quartz crystal heart jewellery set as I gallop Starlight beside Zoe, my friends and I racing each other to the beach.

I'm also wearing a sweater Becky got me and Zoe, though it was quite warm.

Zoe calls back to Jade and Becky as we leap over some logs, "Last one to the beach is Christmas pudding!!"

For it was one day until Christmas, A. K. A.: only my most favourite time of the year!!

The only downside is that Pin is travelling. He has gone to Vienna to see the Lippizanas, like he'd always wanted. He promised to keep me updated as has sent me pictures. It makes me wish I was there with him.

I'd gotten back from a trick riding competition a few days ago. Bella and I won and my friends celebrated as soon as I got back. Ashley came in second.

Jade calls back to Becky, "Come on, Becky!"

Zoe and I were practically neck and neck as we race each other through the woods. The trees around us were a blur as the entrance to the beach comes into view.

As we canter along it, Jade and Becky walk beside Starlight as Zoe and I slow our horses down.

Jade says, "This is Zoe's and Pippa's first English Christmas!"

"That's how we do things around here," Becky adds.

Zoe says as she looks at her blue reindeer sweater, "Thanks for the sweater, Becky, but it's way colder in L. A."

Jade asks, "Feeling homesick, yet?"

"A little," Says Zoe. "It's weird being without my family, but I had to stay for Raven. Anyways, it's cool! I'm going to have the perfect Christmas with me and my grandpa. I'm thinking lights, decorations, some eggnog..."

"Egg... what?" Becky inquires.

"Eggnog," I say. "It's a type of holiday drink most people have this time of year. I have had eggnog, and let me tell you, it's gross! Though my family and I usually bake chocolate chip cookies and leave some out with milk for Santa. Oh! And carrots for the reindeer! You can never miss out on the carrots! I wasn't into Christmas last year because I was so depressed about the accident. Nothing Ash or the others could do could cheer me up. But ever since I came to Bright Fields and got back into trick riding, I'm in love in with Christmas again, and so I plan to go all out with Christmas this year!"

"Well, you're all going to love eggnog!" Zoe tells us assuringly. "And, we do that with the cookies and carrots as well. We'd love to have some of the cookies, Pepper. It's also great that you love Christmas again, Pepper."

I say, grinning, "They're my specialty! I have my own secret recipe, because any who have eaten them, tell me they're better than the cookies from the store."