Chapter 7

Penelope's P. O. V:

As I was sleeping that night, I dream of my horses fidgeting in their stalls.

I sit up with a gasp, "Bella!! Starlight!!" Just then, I hear the house phone ringing. It falls silent after a moment as my Grandpa picks it up.

I jump out of bed and race to the top of the stairs. "Grandpa, what is it?!"

He appears at the bottom of the stairs and says, face looking worried, "That was Frank just now. The stables are on fire. We need to leave."

I nod frantically before I go and snatch my red night gown and tug on my boots.

I race out the door to Grandpa's tan coloured truck and he gets in, before we drive off to Bright Fields.

When we get there, I see that just about all the horses were in the field. Zoe and Becky were there, Maggie too.

"Bella, Starlight!" I exclaim.

"Bob!" Becky exclaims as I rest my hand on a bay horse's rump. "Someone's let the horses out." I spot no Bob, Bella, Starlight or Raven.

I say, "They're okay! They're okay. Bella! Starlight!"

"Raven!" Zoe calls.

"Bob!" Becky shouts.

Zoe and I keep calling for our horses until Raven, Bella and Starlight come trotting from the stables, whinnying fearfully.

"Bella! Starlight!" I breathe in immense relief as my horses come over to me and I hug Starlight before I cup Bella's muzzle. They appear to be unharmed, making me feel even more relieved. "There's no need for you to be scared anymore. You're both safe now." I hug his neck tightly, Bella snorting softly.

"Where's Bob?" Becky asks worriedly. She looks around for the Gypsy pony as Zoe's family joins us. "Bob?!"

"Becky, Pippa, Zoe!" Maggie and Grandpa call, jogging over.

"Bob, where are you?!" Becky calls as Elliott pulls up and my Grandpa runs into the field with Elliott and Mia.

"Where's Firefly?" Mia asks fearfully.

"How did the horses get here?!" Grandpa asks, gazing around.

I reply, turning to him, "Someone must've let them out!"

"I can't see Firefly!" Mia gasps, worry in her features.

Maggie says, "12 horses. We're missing two."

Becky says, "They must still be in the stables."

"Firefly?! Firefly!" Mia exclaims as we watch the flames rise higher. We jump back when they burst upward. "No!" Mia starts running towards the burning stables.

"Mia, no! It's too dangerous!" Zoe yells as the rest of us chase after the brunette.

"I'm coming, Firefly!"

"Mia, stop!!" Her dad and my Grandpa shout.

"Bob's in there!" Becky says.

"Don't you dare...!" Maggie screams.

We swerve to the side just as Firefly comes cantering out of the flames, Bob hot on his heels.

"Get back!" Elliott calls.

"Bob!" Becky exclaims in immense relief just as the firefighters' sirens wail towards us. We jog back to the paddock where Bob is. "It was Bob who let the horses out! Bob must've used his untying truck to unlock the stable doors."