Chapter 8

Penelope's P. O. V:

I wear a purple shirt with the peace symbol on it, my matching purple jumper and matching jewellery as I go into the tack room to get Bella's tack.

I was to share my training session with Alex today, and Zoe had hers already. I give Bella a quick grooming before placing the red saddle cloth and saddle on her back, doing up the girth securely.

I then put on her bridle before I grab my helmet and tug on my gloves, leading Bella out to the training field.

When I get there, Marcus was waiting with James and Alex has already started his session. I clip on my helmet before mounting my horse and urging her into a trot before the first jump.

James says as I notice Alex knock a fence over completely, "Failure is not an option! It's win or go home! Alex, shorten your reins and do it again!"

I urge Bella into a strong canter and we head for our first jump, a wooden plank fence. We clear it with ease and I look between her ears to the next jump.

"Not bad, Pippa! Just give Bella the reins and flow with the rest of the course," Marcus calls.

"Did they teach that at the academy?" James taunts.

I ignore him as Marcus does and canter to the next fence.

I look back between Bella's ears as we head for the next jump. We sail over it with ease.

I take Bella over the course a couple more times before the Greenbridge decides to call it a day. I canter up to him before halting Bella and dismounting.

Marcus strokes her cheek as I tell him, "Ignore him. He's just an idiot and he's jealous. You're a great instructor, Marcus."

"Thanks, Pippa," He says gratefully, giving me a small smile.

"I've gotta go and do some trick riding practise. Stacy should be here by now," I tell him. The black haired teen nods his head and I tug the reins and lead Bella back to the courtyard where Zoe was just taking Raven inside. I smile at Pin when he turns to me.

"Morning!" I greet as he comes over. Pin's smile doesn't reach his eyes and he has an unreadable look on his features as he strokes Bella's forelock. "Pin, is everything okay?"

"Sorry, Pippa. It's just... my mum's back," He tells me.

"Wow. That's intense," I mutter. I know all about his mum from what Pin had told me when we were dating.

"How was practice?" Pin asks.

"It was great. I have to go do some trick riding practise now, though," I say. I gently take his free hand and give it a reassuring squeeze. "Pin, if you ever need to talk, you know you can always come to me, right? I don't want you to shut me out."

Pin nods as he murmurs, "Yeah. Thanks, Pippa." Looping my right arm through the reins, I pull Pin into a tight hug which he returns. We pull back and Pin asks me, "Would you like to have dinner at my house tonight? You could meet my mum."