Free Rein, The Movie: Valentine's Day, Part 2

Penelope's P. O. V:

With Gaby's help, I'd managed to get my tent set up and I'm now helping Zoe get the fire going, after having taken care of the horses. We'd stopped in a clearing by East Point Lake.

Behind us, Jade and Becky were getting Becky's tent set up.

"So we just put this pole in here, and... voila! We're up!" Becky says as she exits her tent. I hear the sound of the front of it collapsing a heartbeat later.

Jade gasps, "Don't let Mia see you've got her bag! I told you not to bring it!"

"You'll be thanking me for our midnight feast. What time should we have that, by the way?" Becky asks.

"Midnight?" Jade suggests.

"Good idea. Maybe I should've brought something to lie on."

"Ground mat," Says Jade.

"And something to eat hot water with..."

"Billy can," Says Jade.

"And some unicorn slipper socks?"

"Hm. Like these?" Jade takes off the lid to show Becky the socks.

"Those socks are on point!" Becky says happily.

Zoe says as she gets her phone, "Okay, guys! Pony Squad selfie!" I get up and stand on Becky's other side, my arm around her shoulders, as Jade stands in the middle and Zoe on her other side. Zoe holds up her phone to take the photo. "Ready? 1, 2, 3! Cute!"

We disperse and I sit back down by the fire.

When the full moon comes up, we've all eaten dinner and are now just sitting around the fire, chatting.

When I take a few mouthfuls of my soda, Becky asks, "Who wants to hear a ghost story?" Her voice turns deep. "It was a night like any other!"

Gaby and I say from beside each other, "Don't do the voice."

"Do the voice," Jade urges.

"It was a night like any other.... Cough, cough!" Becky trails off when she suddenly starts coughing. "I can't do the voice."

"Okay," Jade mutters.

"It was a night like any other, until the mist came down. Cloaking the twisted woods and the misty mist stank of misty death. Ghost Pony was out for revenge!"

I just feel slightly exaggerated. I was never really into ghost stories.

Mia whispers to Susie, "This is ludicrous."

"Totally fascinatingly ludicrous," Susie says while watching Becky intently.

"Come on! I've got my French manicure set in my bag," Says Mia.

"Cool," Susie says.

"My cuticles could use some TLC," Mia says before getting up.

"Oh. Right," Susie mutters before following her.

"Some say his skeletal bones rattle in the wind! Others say his zombie eye could kill you with one death inducing stare," Becky continues. I was trying not to freak out as Gaby looks unconvinced. Suddenly, we hear a rustle that causes all of us to look up.

I ask wearily, "Okay. What was that noise?"

Gaby says, "It was Mia and Susie."