Chapter 12

Penelope's P. O. V:

I wear my white long sleeved western shirt, with the girl and horse heart necklace, brown leather tasseled long sleeved jacket and black jodhpurs as I gallop Starlight along the beach with Zoe, Jade, Becky and Gaby, all of us cheering as we race each other across the lapping waves.

Gaby is now officially Zoe's roommate, and Pin and I are stronger than ever as a couple

I race on well ahead of Gaby as I hear Becky urge her Gypsy pony, "Faster, Bob!"

Another thing that's happening is the Under UK 18's Team this year, at the end of the summer, to be exact, and we're all pumped for it.

We slow our horses and Zoe and I turn to face Gaby as she approaches us.

Zoe tells her, "I still think you ought to apply for the Under 18's! You would totally make the squad!"

"No way!" Gaby scoffs, before grinning at us. "Competitions bring out the worst in me!"

"Hey!" Zoe cries as Gaby gallops past her.

I call to them as Zoe races after her, "Be careful, you guys! We'll see you back at Bright Fields!"

Becky, Jade and I canter back to the stables.

Back at the stables, I finish putting Starlight away and step out to see an African-American boy taking photos with Gaby behind him. I then spot Zoe leading Raven to the hitching post and Jade does too. I also spot a Hug Me sign posted to Zoe's back.

Giggling, Jade calls as we run up to Zoe, "Zoe! Zoe! Zoe!" As she finishes tying up Raven, the three of us hug her from behind.

"Hey, guys! What's with the horse hugs?! I only saw you, like, five minutes ago!"

Jade says as we pull back and she steps away, the paper in hand, "We are just following orders!"

She shows Zoe the sign and Zoe demands Gaby, "Did you know that was there?"

"Maybe," Says Gaby innocently.

At least it wasn't a Pinch Me or Kick Me sign, like from those teen drama movies...