my-log: view

"THAT PRETTY MUCH CATCHES us up to speed

"THAT PRETTY MUCH CATCHES us up to speed." Geun murmurs, then lifts his arm up to the camera. The boys watch him pull down his sleeve and reveal a red-brown burn scar, making them gasp through their teeth. "If you think this is bad, y/n had it worse...Our mother and father left us behind abruptly and left y/n to care for me all on her own...She was just a teenager...She...She's so strong..."

Geun began to cry, tears rolling down his now pink cheeks. "I admire her so much. I don't tell her very often, but I'm so grateful for her! If she hadn't stayed strong, we'd be dead! But despite the bullying, and fighting with depression, she managed to build us back up again to the point where we can buy groceries without having to worry about if we will have enough money to pay the electric bill!...And with me being sick, she still stays strong. Though...

Though I might leave her at any moment!!"

They all felt their hearts drop. "Geun..." Jay whispers, but the boy only waves as he buries his face into his palms.

"I-I'm sorry, I can't talk about this anymore...B-But please look after my sister!! Keep pushing to protect her, even if she doesn't want it!!!" He begs, his cries heavier. "She says she doesn't want friends, but that's only because she's never had real ones before! She says she doesn't want to love someone, but that's only because the ones she loved in the past disappointed her! So please, force your way into her heart! She needs it!!!"

Geun suddenly clicks off the call, hanging up. The boys are left to sit in silence, reflecting on what y/n's younger brother had told them.

They expected many things before calling Geun. But they were not expecting what he told them.

Niki abruptly leaves the table, walking away.

"Niki?" Heeseung whispers, as he senses something off.

Niki immediately turns around, his eyes filled to the brim with tears. "I'm...I'm such a terrible person..."

"Niki..."

"I...I got mad at her because I wanted to know more about her...I should've been more respectful to her. She was right, even if we're friends, she owes me no explanation about her past...I was being selfish..." His voice starts to break. Upset, he vanishes to his bedroom for the night.

The rest of the boys remained quiet in the kitchen. One by one they all leave to move on with their evening, but their video call with Geun was heavy on their minds the entire night.

~

I hear my doorbell ring. Immediately I sigh because I expect it to be Nari asking if she can practice new hairstyles on my hair again. She loves playing with my hair, and I don't mind it, but sometimes I just want to sleep.

I close the fridge and set down the glass of water I was holding, and walk to my front door. This time, I decide to look through the peephole to prepare myself for my visitor. However, I couldn't prepare myself to see this particular boy.