two

iris valentine

7:53am

i ran my fingers through my hair and groaned. it has been two days since i went out with vanessa and now it's monday. the words on the cup never left my mind and i keep wondering who that boy is. i planned on going back there but i don't know what i'm gonna do.

the locker beside me slammed shut, making me jump out of my thoughts. i felt a presence beside me and i slightly closed my locker to see jack gilinsky leaning on the other locker.

"you finally noticed i was here." he chuckled to himself.

a smile formed on my face and i greeted him. "hey jack."

i looked at his brown eyes and he looked happy to see me. jack and i have been best friends since sixth grade and we have been close ever since. "well aren't you looking cute today?" he complimented and i looked down at my white cropped top, black jeans and denim jacket.

"today? so i wasn't cute the last time you saw me?" i sassed and a smirk formed on his face.

"i should probably stop trying to flirt, huh?" i rolled my eyes and shut my locker after getting my notebook for my next class, chemistry.

i nodded and we both walked to chemistry together. "try doing that to the cheerleaders, they'll probably fall for you." i joked and he shook his head.

you see, i'm not a popular girl at school nor an unpopular girl... if that makes any sense. people from other grades know who i am but boys don't fall in love with me and girls don't really want to be with me. i'm just a normal girl that goes to school and i'd like to keep it that way.

-

3:15pm

the final bell rang and i shoved everything in my bag before rushing out of the room and making my way to my locker.

i got everything i needed and walked to the parking lot and getting in my car. i had 3 papers to write and i really needed food so i couldn't wait to be home.

i drove home and got in my house, checking my fridge if i had any food at all, but nope. i groaned and walked up to my room, checking if anyone was home but again, nope. i got my phone out of my back pocket and texted jack, telling him to get me food.

jack: i'll be in your house to pick you up in 10.

i giggled to myself thinking about how lucky i am to have a friend like jack.

-

exactly 10 minutes later, jack texted me telling me that he's outside. i jumped up and grabbed my house keys, phone and wallet before jogging downstairs. i locked the main door and joined him in his black car.

"where are we going?" i asked.

"just starbucks. i know it's lame but it makes you happy so fast." he chuckled and i smiled.

"sure." i giggled before he drove off.

once we got to starbucks, jack parked and we both walked in. we were greeted by the workers and we both lined up in front of the counter. my head snapped once i made eye contact with the same boy from before. i felt my cheeks heat at our short eye contact but he looked away and spoke up. "what would you like for today?" he asked.

"i'll have a tall hot chocolate and she will have..." jack trailed off, waiting for me to answer.

"pumpkin spiced latte." i answered and pressed my lips in a line.

the boy looked at me and i knew the reason why. "grande." i said and he chuckled, making my cheeks heat even more that i probably look like i put red lipstick on my cheeks instead of blush.

he didn't ask for my name anymore, he scribbled something on the cup while i pushed my hair behind my ear and read his name tag.

shawn

-

shawn mendes

i watched her walk in with a boy i never seen her with. it was weird, i felt something but i know i can't be jealous. i don't even know her. i suddenly forgot everything once my eyes locked with hers. it was just so bright and happy.

when she ordered her pumpkin spiced latte, i couldn't help but look at her. her long brown hair was put in a pony tail and her brown eyes looked brighter than a few minutes ago. i saw her cheeks turn red and she spoke up. "grande." i chuckled as she did the same thing she did last time. i got a cup and wrote something for her at the side before turning around and writting a message for her at the bottom.

i put the cup down, giving it to my co-worker so she can start making the drink and i turned back at the counter.

---

ok i apologize for this lame chapterrrr.

and yes jack gilinsky is in this book but if you dont like him then think of someone else :-)

vote and comment??1?!

love u all